Sunday, November 25, 2007

Progressive Dinner

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things as far as working on our house goes. Back in the summer, I started painting all of our trim inside the house white. I didn't get very far because it took at least four coats of paint to cover. I finished our living room and started on the hallway. That's when I stopped. It was so much work and I just got burned out quickly. I haven't touched it in months. In fact, there's still blue painter's tape around some of the doorways.

A lady in our church decided to organize a progressive dinner. These are fascinating but I've never been to one. The concept is really cool. You have three courses; appetizer, main meal, and dessert. You have each course at a different house. As she is working out details, she's been looking for volunteers to open their homes for one of each of the courses. Our house is fine to accommodate a small group so I volunteered. Great, right? Ah yes, if you like animals, you don't mind blue painter's tape on the walls, and you don't mind being squished together (the rooms in our house are small). Still, I am willing and would love to host the appetizer or dessert course. Having said that, I know I have to get myself in gear. I don't have to have everything perfect but it would be nice for the house to have an intimate feeling for this dinner. I don't think blue painter's tape will add to that affect. LOL!

So, now starts the task of getting things in some kind of order. The cats are going to be kicked out more often so they will stop thinking they own the furniture. I would love to have a plasma tv on a plasma stand, with one of those videos of a roaring fire going. That would make things feel very cozy. There are lots of things I need to do and I need some great ideas on how to make things feel more cozy. This event is for adults only so I want to make sure the adults have a great time if they do come here for one of the courses.

Have you ever participated in a progressive dinner? Did you enjoy it?

post signature

2 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I have never heard of a progressive dinner, and my first thought on hearing it was a vegetarian meal for Al Gore and me. ;) But I have offered to host things as a way to motivate myself to get home repair and organizational projects done. Good luck!

gail@more than a song said...

Mostly we've done them for the youth in our church. Once a neighbor sort of organized one for several of us and we had fun going around to different houses!