Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Many Faces of Caroline

I had planned to do a Wordless Wednesday post but after further thought, I realized there was no way to do that with these photos.

Caroline is one of those kids that "marches to the beat of her own drum". That's not to say she's disobedient to her parents because she isn't. She just has her own idea of how things should be and that's how she works. Sometimes it's very entertaining, sometimes it's very exhausting! It's never dull :-o)

Anytime I pull our camera out, Caroline wants to take a picture. Since we've been making improvements to the house, I've been more than happy to let both girls take as many pictures as they want. I thought it would be a nice way to get a ton of photos of our projects so that we would have plenty to look at later on when we sat down to see how much we'd done. Let me chase a rabbit for a minute. The camera we are using now is fairly new. Jeff and I bought it before our New York trip back in December. We got it a few days before we were to leave and didn't have alot of time to "learn to use it" properly. I scanned the user manual but never really figured out how to change the settings, etc. I took time only to figure out how to switch it to night view so that we could take pictures at night. It does all kinds of neat tricks that I still haven't figured out. It does video and all that jazz. I've just not taken the time to learn about all the features it offers (I will soon though because I take terrible photos!). Imagine my surprise when, after a day of the girls having the camera, I go to download the photos and there are all of these avi files. I'm not even sure what avi stands for but I know it means those are video files. The kids apparently found the video button and experimented with making their own movies of various things (mostly kitties). Kids just amaze me!

Anyway, during the building of our deck and planting our garden, I remember Caroline asking me several times if she could take pictures. I agreed many of those times and just had to crack up at some of the things she photographed. This set is particularly funny to me. You have to understand that she was all alone when she took these. That makes it even funnier to me because I can just see her "striking these poses" when she knew no one was watching! She was supposed to be putting the camera up! I guess she just couldn't help herself!

Have a great Wednesday!



post signature

8 comments:

Annie said...

She's a star!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, she is just too funny ... and so darn cute! I bet she keeps you on your toes! I just love it when children have such a spunky personality and aren't scared to use it.

Jenny said...

My kids do that with our camera, too! My fave video of all time is when my daughter, then about 8, just started spinning 'round and 'round with the camera pointed at her toes!! We were cracking up!!And I keep it all on my computer for future date nights :)

Anonymous said...

She has such personality! Very cute little girl!

Karen Hossink said...

She looks like a ton of fun!

Jill said...

Love those freckles.

Shawna said...

That is just so funny! I can't believe she took those herself. Usually when I try to do that I end up with blurry, weird pictures. Not that those weren't weird but you know what I mean! Ha!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Looks like she would be a hoot to hang around with :)