Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Seven #1

I saw this over at Carrie's and thought it would be a good way for me to take time out to think about and share with you seven things I am grateful for this week. I am grateful for so many things and I pray this will help me to really remember, specifically, seven special things each week. To read more about the history of Sunday Seven, go here.

  1. I am grateful for my husband who works very hard to provide for our family. He works harder than I give him credit for sometimes and I really appreciate that about him. He's intelligent, funny, lively, and just a good ole' boy. I think my life would be very dull without him to keep things interesting.
  2. I am grateful for my daughters. They are wonderful children with many gifts between them. I am grateful for Logan's willingness to do anything we ask of her. She is shy yet fun to be around. She is giving and obedient. She is a hard worker and there's nothing she wouldn't do for her family. I love that lately she's been attentive to her younger sis and has tried to help her understand math concepts and memorize math facts. Caroline is entertaining and witty. She keeps us on our toes. She loves to please her daddy. She is becoming a very good reader. If there were a local comedy show for kids, Caroline would be perfect for it. She keeps us laughing so there is never a dull moment.
  3. I am grateful for Jeff's family. My FIL and MIL have been there for us every second of our married lives and would do anything they could for us. My FIL has worked very hard helping us around our house for the past few months while my MIL took time to teach the girls to embroider last week. This allowed me a day to rest and get other things done. My BIL has also worked very hard helping us around our house lately. Since he's not in the best of health, we are even more grateful that he has dedicated himself to helping us.
  4. I am grateful that my mom came for a quick visit last weekend. She had safe travels both coming down and going home. We were able to get out a little bit and window shop, which she loves to do.
  5. I am grateful for the home God has blessed us with. I love being at home and I love that we are making it ours.
  6. I am grateful for the wonderful local homeschool support in our area. I've been struggling with some decisions in our math curriculum for Caroline for next year. I had about twelve people from our local homeschool group email me and give me their opinions and comparisons of a few possibilities. This helped so much! It will save me the internet research I would have had to do since they provided reviews of these things in their emails.
  7. I am grateful for the redemptive blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on my behalf and has fully paid for all my sins. He has called me to Himself and I belong to Him. He is faithful, even when I am not.

Hosted by Sunday Seven.



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't this *refreshing*? It's nice to put into words all that we're grateful for. Loved reading your list! :o)

Jenny said...

Uh...you forgot about me!! lol!!

Corrie said...

What a wonderful list! There are so many things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day!

Shawna said...

You do have such a wonderful family! Great list!