Friday, August 17, 2007

Show & Tell Friday # 2

Thanks to Kelli for hosting Show & Tell Friday. It's a wonderful way to share our treasures with one another.

This week, my treasures are two little recipe holders that my mom picked up at a thrift store for me about a month ago. They are old-fashioned and cute and I just love them. The first one is shaped like a rolling pin and on the inside, all of the recipe cards are blank. I can't believe that someone discarded these without writing one recipe inside. My plan for one is to write down Caroline's favorite recipes in it and when she is married, she will have this to take along. She gets the rolling pin recipe holder because she loves to use my rolling pin when she plays with Play-Doh. The second recipe holder, shaped like measuring spoons, will be filled with Logan's favorite recipes for her to take along when she is married.

Both recipe holders:

Inside looks like this:

The recipe cards inside are a little on the small side but we can make it work. They are too cute not to use so I'll just have to be VERY NEAT when I write in them. Thanks Mom! The girls and I really appreciate this and they will enjoy them for years to come! It's nice to know that if they take care of these, they could be in the family for generations.

Don't forget to hop over to Kelli's to see more Show & Tell Fridays!



post signature

16 comments:

Kelli said...

Those are too cute! I love the little measuring spoons and I think it's a wonderful idea to write down recipe for your daughter!
Kelli

Susan said...

Those are so cute and what a nice thing to start for them now and they will be a family heirloom.
Susan

Susie said...

What great finds :)
You have a wonderful idea for saving recipes in them for your daughters!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That will be a beautiful as well as practical and very special gift for your daughter! It must be a blessing to have daughters! Thank you for sharing.

By the way, I read someplace recently that a movie is in the works for Angela Trigianni's Big Stone Gap stories....I loved those stories and really hope a good job is done making the movies...it could be fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Love these!

Lana G! said...

To cute and a great tradition to start!

Lana G!
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

Karen said...

I love writting my recipes in books where they are all together like that. How cool.

Mandalyn said...

Really cute!! I love recipe books! My mom and I collect them!!

Annie said...

So cute. My mom did one for me too when I got married and I still have it although it has burner burns in the top of it from my 'learning years' :o). I always look to that little book for the really good recipes like hot rolls and the good chocolate sheet cake!

Marci said...

Those are so cute and what great gifts to add to a shower for a new bride.

Tanya said...

Those do look cute. I have a ton of recipe books just shoved in a plastic bin. I need to organize them. Thanks for sharing those. Hope you have fun fill it with good recipes.

Julieann said...

Those are the cutest little recipe books. What a great find! You will have to share the recipes with us as you go;)

Julieann

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! The little books are so cute, too! :o)

Barbara H. said...

Those are adorable! Great idea to write the recipes down for your children.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

gail@more than a song said...

Great idea....it'll be so special and I bet they'll love it!

Shawna said...

What a great idea!! They can be passed down for years to come:)