Thursday, September 27, 2007

One More Night

Well, the girls are staying one more night with my mom in West Virginia. They will head home in the morning and should arrive by lunch. I'm looking forward to having them home. It's been extremely quiet around the house without them. I haven't had to do any homeschooling and honestly, I've missed it. Instead, I've spent the past few days cleaning out closets, throwing things away, packing things up for donation, and rearranging some things. It's been good for me to have this time to do these things but man oh man, I can't wait for the girls to get home and make a mess of something!

Caroline is a pack rat. She saves everything. She writes me little notes or draws me pictures nearly every day. It was getting to the point that I had to tell her I couldn't keep all of them because I had no place to store them. Today, while cleaning her closet out, I found several pictures and notes she had written to friends at church. I also found a note she had written me the other day. It said "Dear Mommy, Thank you for getting me some food to eat. You're very kind. Love you, Caroline". Awwww! I can't wait to squeeze her freckles off tomorrow! I talked to Logan on the phone last night and she tried to tell me every single thing they had done in ten minutes. I'm not sure she even stopped to catch her breath. She's a funny gal!

After I finished the closets today, I was walking around trying to find something else to do. I found myself going in circles because I didn't know what to do next. Having all of this free time is not normal and I can't say that I like it. I'm used to having the girls by my side pretty much every minute of the day. I like it that way. I tried to imagine what it would be like if I sent them off to public school each day. They would be gone most of the day. What would I do then? I have to tell you that I have no idea what I would do with myself. Homeschooling has become our way of life. It has been such a blessing. I cannot imagine living any other way. I can't wait to have them home so we can return to some level of normalcy.

On a lighter note, Jenny has posted the funniest video. Go check it out. It will make you chuckle!



post signature

0 comments: