Tuesday, September 25, 2007

We Made It!

Well, we made it to my mom's, in West Virginia, safe and sound around 8:30 last night (I'm using her computer to post). It's only a three hour drive so it passed quickly. I'm not sure what it is but everytime I drive up here, I get so lost in thought. I think it has alot to do with the beautiful mountain views. They are breathtaking. God spoke these things into existence! Amazing.....

Mom has been having some computer trouble so I took a look at it for her. She didn't have an anti-virus program going so I took a minute to download one for her. After that was complete, I ran a scan on her computer to see if she had any threats. After one hour of scanning, there were over 7,200 infected files detected. I immediately called my hubby to ask if this was possible. I had never seen so many on one computer. Hubby was stunned! He says this may be the worst case of virus infections that he's ever seen! The sad part is that the virus program could only clean about 3,800 of them. I'll probably be packing the computer home with me tomorrow night so that hubby can reformat it. Mom will have to start all over!

I'll spend most of the day here tomorrow going thrift shopping. I can't wait! I'll try and take some pictures to share with my next post. I should arrive back home around 9pm tomorrow. The girls will stay behind and visit with my mom for a few days.

I hope your Tuesday is a good one!

post signature

4 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Sorry about the computer...the drive sounds pretty. And yay for shopping and pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry about the computer problems. I have been to WV before, and the mountains are so beautiful! Of course, driving through those mountains made me sick, but they were beautiful! :)

Robin Green said...

Hope you have a fun time with your family.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safe and sound! LOL, her computer sound slike a pure mess! Good luck with it!