Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 30

This has been another fun but busy week. We have been able to accomplish several things that needed our attention.

My in-laws were on vacation all week. They went to the beach without us. Can you believe it?!!! We've been keeping an eye on their house and getting their mail each day. It's been a blessing for us because we wanted them to have a nice pleasant vacation, without any worries. I think they were able to do just that since they knew we would be "holding down the fort". They came back with gifts for us and plenty of stories from their trip. This is a yearly trip that they take with some other family members. My MIL's sister and her children all go and they all have a blast. They split the cost of a big condo and the gas for the drive to the beach and back. My in-laws only spent a couple hundred bucks for gas and lodging for the entire week! I think that's amazing and I want to gather up a bunch of people to take a beach trip!

I was able to stop into the local homeschool bookstore this week and pick up a handful of books at really good prices. This bookstore is less than a mile from my house and I really try not to go very often. I love books and I usually come home with an arm load. Pretty soon, someone is gonna have to move out so we'll have enough room for all the books! One that I picked up that I can't wait to read is A House For My Name by Peter Leithart.

The girls have been a huge help to me this week. While my hubby, BIL, and nephew were cutting up the tree in our back yard, the girls and I cleaned out the garage. We sorted through a lot of things that needed to be thrown out and we got that done. We also swept it out since my FIL will be working in there next week. He's been kind enough to volunteer to help us move the washer and dryer out to the garage. It'll be a task since new water lines and exhaust lines will have to be run. It will be really nice though. My laundry room is going to be converted into a craft/work area. I'll be doing lots of things in there and really needed a space designated for that. I've mentioned that I'm venturing into the world of small business and that's one of the main reasons for this project. I'll share details as I get closer to launch.

Today we enjoyed worship with our church family. We ran a few errands on the way home since the girls and I will be leaving to drive up to West Virginia tomorrow evening. They will be staying with my mom for a few days while she's on vacation. I'll be staying overnight but driving back home on Tuesday. It's only a three hour drive so it's not that big a deal. I get to drive through some quaint little places and it's a wonderful time to think about life. If you feel inclined, so a prayer for traveling mercies.

I hope you've had a wonderful week! I've enjoyed reading your posts this week and can't wait to see what you've got going on in this coming week!



post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice week y'all had. I will certainly say a prayer for you! Enjoy your drive!

Shawna said...

Hope you have a safe trip!!