Saturday, October 6, 2007

Guess What I Had?

Photo courtesy of: http://www.limbueytor.com/

Guess what I had for dessert last night? Doesn't it look heavenly? Well, it was. Every.....Last.....Spoonful!

Hubby took me to Olive Garden to celebrate his getting a raise this week. We don't go to OG a lot, because that's a splurge for us. Our budget can't take too many trips. That's fine because it's so much more special when we can only go once in a blue moon. Supper was just wonderful. There's nothing like real Italian. I had a new dish, Chicken Gnocchi Veronese. Yummy Italian dumplings with sauteed chicken and roasted red peppers, in a parmesan and ricotta cheese sauce. OH MY WORD! It was so tasty. If you go there, you must try it. You must love dumplings to love this dish. Hubby doesn't so he opted for the Chicken Scampi. It was yummy too. You know, actually, for the meal we ate and the quality of it, it was well worth the money and really not that bad as far as expense is concerned. Anyway, it was a real treat.

We were celebrating the fact that my hubby was given a good raise at work this week. We are continually amazed at God's goodness and care for our family. Every time we have a need, God provides. It's not always exactly what we want but it is always exactly what we need. There's a huge difference. This raise was somewhat unexpected so we are thrilled. I'm thrilled for many different reasons. The monetary side of it is the least of it though. You see, my hubby loves his job. He loves the company he works for and he hopes to retire with that company. He has no desire to make a six figure salary. His only desire is to provide for his family and he does that well. His boss allows him to work from home three days a week. That is also a real blessing because the office is an hour from our home. He is very productive in his job and he is constantly learning new things. It's pretty wonderful to know that he gets up every day and is happy to do the work he does.

This is just one of the many ways we were blessed this week.We are very thankful. Each day is a blessing, a gift from God. How were you blessed this week? What are you giving thanks for this week?



post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, if I were rich and could afford to eat out alot, I wouldn't want to. It wouldn't be nearly as special to us. :o) I'm so glad y'all got out and had a nice meal!

Congratulations to Mr. Recipe Stalker! What a wonderful blessing the raise was ... but not only that, what a blesing your husband is! :o) I'm glad his *boss* thinks so, as well!

Lots of blessings this weekend. Right now, my biggest blessing for the evening, was David's gracious acceptance of my apology. I snapped at him (very out of character for me) and it made me feel so sick (from sadness) afterwards. I am so blessed to have a husband that can hug me and accept my apology like he did!

Nancy Face said...

Yay for Italian food! I just took my daughter and my daughter-in-law out to a new Italian restaurant last night, and we had so much fun!

This weekend I am being blessed by a WONDERFUL church conference which is giving me a great spiritual lift! :D

Have a happy day! :D

Shawna said...

Mmm! We don't got to Olive Garden very often either, but it's one of my favorites.

I'm so glad your hubby loves his work. I think you read how I was blessed -- a little spa treatment! Much needed after a crazy week!!

SAHMmy Says said...

I worked at the OG for five years--I really miss pigging out on that Tiramisu! Thanks for stopping by my blog--come back any time! Congrats to your husband! It's great that he found a job that allows him to provide so well for you all and that he enjoys!

gail@more than a song said...

Tiramisu, YUM!

Blogger said...

Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.

Get daily ideas and methods for making THOUSAND OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME for FREE.

GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY