Wednesday, October 3, 2007

No Love For Self Check Outs

Is it just me or do the self checkouts at Walmart really, really stink? Every single time I check out through one of those, something goes wrong. I am not exaggerating. It is really very frustrating and such a waste of time. Aren't these things supposed to make it faster and easier for me, the customer? Why then, does it take me twice the time to use them?

Logan and I went to get groceries and since Walmart was on our way, we decided to do all our shopping there. We spent about 45 minutes grabbing what we needed and then headed to the check outs. As usual, there were about four cashiers on duty and several self check outs available. Since the lines in the regular check outs were way too long for us to stand in, we popped into one of the self check out lanes. Things went downhill from there. First off, the computers that they use are crapola. They are awful. Some of my items wouldn't scan and the automated voice kept telling me to place my items in the bagging area. Duh! That was exactly what I was doing. Then, the skip bagging button kept popping up. Did you know that if you hit that too many times, the computer stops and a Walmart employee has to come over and punch in their "secret code" to make it work again? Twenty minutes later, we finally made our way out of the store.

I could understand if this were a one time thing but I'm telling you it happens EVERY......SINGLE.......TIME.....that I use them. I leave very frustrated and ranting about how I'll never use them again. All I want to know is how in the world do these things help anybody? Ok, maybe if you have one or two items but if you have more than that, you're in trouble. It just drives me nuts. So, my mission is to stop using the self check outs. No way, no how. For my sanity, I'll just walk right by them. I'll stand in line and wait for a real person to scan my items and put them in bags. After all, I give Walmart alot of money!

 



post signature

3 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I would feel the same way if it happened every.single.time! I just wish our Walmart had self check outs but I'd have to think twice about using them if they never worked, ugh.

Jill said...

Agreed. Since my shopping experiences are frustrating enough trying to keep my toddler in line, I save myself the hassle and stand in line for someone else to scan my items. Then again...that doesn't always go very smoothly, either!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I'm a self check out junkie. I use it just about everytime, even with a cart load of groceries. Ours work just fine. I never have any troubles, none. Too bad you have such bad luck with y'alls!