Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spring Training Anyone?

When I was a kid, I was fortunate enough to go to several professional baseball games. I remember seeing the Braves play and seeing the Reds play. It was always a lot of fun. I haven't been to a game since then but I hope we can take the girls to a game in the future. I think it would be really neat to go to spring training. I can't think of anything more interesting than getting a sneak peek of a team before the season begins.

I was very impressed watching the World Series this year. I was excited to find out that you can purchase Spring Training Tickets for the Red Sox . I'd love to see how the world champs prepare for the upcoming season. I am certain that I would learn a lot about the players and how they prepare themselves to play their individual positions. Just imagine me sitting in the stands while the Sox take batting practice. Ramirez steps up to the plate and blasts one out into the stands. Of course I'd be prepared. I'd have my glove ready to catch that ball! I would have to come home and tell all of my friends what an awesome experience it was. Then maybe I would sell the ball on Ebay for a small fortune. No way! I would have it encased so that I could set it on top of our bookshelf and it would be a constant reminder of how awesome the game of baseball is.

post signature

1 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

You had me at baseball. :) I've been fortunate enough to attend a few spring trainings, and I really recommend it. The players are more relaxed, the setting is more intimate and you get a really different look at the game than during the regular season.