Saturday, December 22, 2007

"In Their Shoes" Reading Challenge 2008

I'm up for a good challenge and I need one so that I will sit down and read more. Many times I let the computer get in the way of my reading time and when I look up from it, it is time for bed! So, I'm going to be doing a couple of reading challenges and the first one is the "In Their Shoes" Reading Challenge. I have assigned a few books to our oldest for school that I need to read myself. The first book on the list is my own choice and the rest are books I need to read before handing them off to my daughter. I think they all fall under the biography/autobiography/memoir requirement. I've also listed a couple of alternates in case some on my list are quick reads.

  1. Quiet Strength: A Memoir by Tony Dungy
  2. The Book of Margery Kempe by Margery Kempe
  3. Valiant for Truth: The Story of John Bunyan by Anne Arnott
  4. Ocean of Truth: The Story of Sir Isaac Newton by Joyce McPherson
  5. The Life of General Stonewall Jackson by Mrs M.L. Williamson
  6. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom ~ Completed 1-18-08

A few of these are books that I need to read before my oldest daughter reads them. Since a few of them may go quickly, I'm adding two alternates:

  1. The River of Grace: The Story of John Calvin
  2. Beloved Bride: The Letters of Stonewall Jackson to His Wife (I think this can be counted as a memoir of sorts)


post signature

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beloved Bride has been on and off my lists several times...I just need to tackle it next time, right!?