Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Freast #167

Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?

It's a toss up. I love Diet Sunkist and Coke Zero. It's hard to pick between the two.

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

  1. Mary Engelbreit calendar. A desk is not a desk without one of these!
  2. Our bill basket. Every desk could do without one of these! I keep them in a wicker basket on my desk so it is easy to get to when I need to pay them.
  3. Two stacks of books in my TBR pile. I keep as many as I can on top of my desk so that I have to look at them every day, which makes me read more diligently.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?

One thing I have learned is that it never pays to be dishonest. I'd say I'm very honest and on a scale of 1-10, I give myself a 9 1/2. I rate myself this way because there have been times that I've padded the truth to keep from hurting someone. Whew! That was a tough question!

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?

Intercourse, Pennsylvania. It's a little Amish village that I read about in Beverly Lewis books and also that we visited when we were vacationing in Lancaster. It just seems a rather odd name for a place and I'd change it to something more fitting. Maybe I'd call it Dairy Land, PA since there were several dairy farms in that area.

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?

This question should have been what doesn't stress you out! LOL! There are a number of things that stress me out and most of these things are silly. I get stressed over messes around the house (dirty floors, laundry in the floor, kitty hair on things). Time also stresses me out. It seems that I never have enough of it and when I am trying to squeeze in reading or craft time, I get stressed by looking at the clock.

I am calmed by hot showers, sewing or crafting, or getting outdoors.

To read more Friday Feasts, go here.



post signature

5 comments:

Allison said...

I agree with your dessert---I'm almost never happier than when I'm creating something with my hands :-) and some fiber! :-D

Come visit!

dobarah said...

Creating is COOL...but so is Mary. I love her artwork!

Anonymous said...

I like your answer to Salad. I could have said that. Sometimes we just cannot set things straight for fear of hurting other's feelings.

Messy and disorganized surroundings stress me too.

Judy said...

I am so glad you came by.. one thing I love about Fridays Feast is the chance to meet new people. I see you are reading A Wrinkle in Time. I loved her writing and those are a few of the books I can read over and over again.

I'll definitely be back :-)

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the honesty scale. The only time I really struggle to tell the truth is when it will hurt someone. Even then, I know it is the best thing to do!