Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ten On Tuesday ~ 10 Things That Were Better “Way Back When”

  1. Tab ~ I used to love the stuff. Now, it makes me want to barf.
  2. Sweet 'n' Low ~ Blah! Can't stand it now. Splenda is the way to go.
  3. Gloria Vanderbilt jeans ~ Remember the swan logo?
  4. Leg warmers ~ Were these ever really cool?
  5. Michael Jackson ~ Two titles: "Beat It" and "Thriller" (Come on, you know he was cool!)
  6. Family Feud ~ I liked it better years ago. The host was so much better than Drew Carey
  7. Cool Ranch Doritos ~ I used to love them. Have my tastes matured or are they not as flavorful as they once were?
  8. The Beatles ~ Ok, I never thought the Beatles were very good :-o)
  9. Big hair ~ Please don't let it make a come back!
  10. Pizza Hut pizza ~ It just doesn't taste as good as it used to. I hate those giant veggies they put on the pizzas now! Bring back diced veggies!

For more Ten On Tuesday posts, visit yaknowwhatimean!



post signature

7 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I must say, I loved the Thriller video/tape when it came out! I used to have it, way back when cassette tapes were in! He's just plain weird now.

jenn said...

I found the thriller video online for my kids to watch. They weren't nearly as impressed as I was back then.

I fondly remember my purple leg warmers. That's just sad, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I saw someone wearing leg warmers the other day? I don't care if they come back, I WON'T be wearing them!

Irishcoda said...

Great list! I remember all on your list from the 80s, mine goes back to the 60s. Leg warmers just made mine look *fat* LOL

Allison said...

Yeah, I remember when Michael Jackson was cool. I had a poster of him on the door of my bedroom that lead out to the sunroom, and I had a Michael Jackson record player too.

Come visit!

Annie said...

I remember all those things!

Shawna said...

The Costume Party I went to had a dance group performing "Thriller." I loved it. And I was just saw some leg warmers at Target and considered buying them. Not to make a fashion statement, just to stay warm. I chickened out though!