Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Do You Eat Oysters?

Two oysters wash up on the beach. One oyster says to the other, "you crack me up!"

Many people eat Gulf oysters and love them. Although I'm not one of those people, I certainly agree that there are many great benefits from eating them. They are loaded with zinc, B-12, and omega 3 fatty acids that make them very good for you. However, did you know that if you have certain health conditions, you are considered "at risk" when consuming raw oysters? If you suffer from a stomach disorder, cancer, diabetes, liver disease, or any other disorder that weakens your immune system, you are considered one of these at risk individuals. If you fall into this category, relax. This doesn't mean you will never eat oysters again. You just have to take extra precautions when consuming them. One thing you can do is eat fully cooked oysters.

You can find this and much more information at beoysteraware.com.



post signature

1 comments:

storyteller said...

Interesting information here on oysters. I had no idea, but I don’t eat them often anyway. I’ll need to return to read the book review when I have more time. Molly’s bugging me for a walk now.
Hugs and blessings,