Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Look Away Mom.......

My mom will probably faint when she reads this post. For some reason, she thinks a lot of people read my posts and she's gets embarrassed if I talk about her too much. I bet you anything she'll call me after she reads this one! You see, she's planning on getting married soon. I have no idea when but I've met her beau and he's a nice man. I think she needs to get married and "settle down" instead of working her life away. I know she enjoys her life but she's always way too busy and most of the time it's with work. I want her to sit back and enjoy life. Smell the roses. All that stuff.

I'm already planning things in my head. She plans to be married outdoors so I've already envisioned what the ceremony will be like. I've even been looking for some bridal shower invitations! Yep, that's right mom. I'll be throwing you a shower! I can't wait! I want this to be the most memorable day of her life.

Jeff and I didn't have a big wedding. In fact, it was just the two of us at the local courthouse. A nice woman named Dottie married us (that's a story for another day)! It's funny to think back on that day. We were both in bad places in our lives and were actually fighting that day. We were different people then and I never imagined our marriage would grow into what it has become. God blessed our union that day and has continued to bless us every single day since then. I hope my mom finds as much happiness and I have in my life.



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

3 comments:

Joyful Days said...

You are a good daughter. This was a lovely post!!

jenn said...

That is so sweet...a shower for mom! What a lucky lady she is indeed!

Hubby and I were married at the courthouse too, and nobody thought it would last a month, let alone almost 13 years. I'm living proof you don't need a fancy wedding to have a wonderful marriage.

Misty said...

that is REALLY exciting... I wish my mom would, finally, meet a good man and marry...