Thursday, July 17, 2008

Loving The Wii

Well, we've been spending more time with the tv lately. Since we got the Wii, I've enjoyed watching the girls play. I finally created my "Mii" and I have to say, she does look a little bit like me. It's quite scary. The complaint I have is that all of the noses you can choose are just ugly! I've got this cute little character that looks like she had a bad nose job!

There are so many cool things about this thing that it's hard to name them all. Now, I'm not a real fan of console games normally. We purchased an Xbox a few years ago and I think it was the biggest waste of money ever. However, the Wii is really, really cool. The girls just showed me a feature that allows you to read news via the Wii. It somehow picks up your internet connection and gives you the latest news! I'm also loving the fact that playing it forces you to get off your hump and get active. You can check the weather. You can upload digital photos from your cell phone or camera.

The funniest thing I've seen out of it yet though is a game called Charge! Logan had a sleep over this past weekend and my stomach is still sore from laughing so hard at four 14 year old girls playing that game! Your character rides a cow around a dirt track while you jump hurdles and try to run into scarecrows that earn you points. The girls spent most of their time running into trees! It was so funny!

I'm looking for other tried and true games to purchase. I'm looking at American Idol. For those of you that have a Wii, do you have any game suggestions for us? We'd love some really fun ones that we can play with multiple people. We want to start doing Friday night game nights with friends. I'd love to hear what games your family likes.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Brain Age is great... Mario Kart and Mario Party are both family favorites of ours. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are pretty popular among the teens that hang out here. Wii Fit is my personal favorite. Rayman Raving Rabids is my hubbies favorite (and his friends) and my daughter's favorite is Cooking Mama.

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

I agree, the Wii is really tempting. My in-laws just got one for the kids and they enjoy it. Even my husband gets in on the action.

I really like that they are up and moving while playing!

I have heard that Wii yoga is fun. I gotta try that Charge game, it sounds hilarious!

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law just told me they love the Wii Fit. I think the whole Wii concept is great. We all know that kids (and many grownups) want to play video games. Combining physical activity with that was just genius!