Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week in Review

I haven't done a weekend reflection in a long time so I thought I'd try and pick that back up again. It seems we all got busy at the same time and lots of people are not posting regularly. That's nice to know because I was feeling guilty. Quite honestly, starting a new homeschool year has really taken up a lot of time. With Logan going to co-op on Mondays and Caroline having piano, I'm swamped that day.

Tuesday is grocery shopping day so that's what I did. I'm trying to start my diet again so I've got to start doing some healthy cooking. It's amazing how terrible you feel once you go off the WW diet and back to your old eating habits. Sometimes I really over do it and it makes me sick. So, that's my goal this week. I'm hoping to find some new recipes and get back into the swing of things. I lost 17lbs but have gained about 5 of it back. What a difference 5lbs make!

We spent the next couple of nights visiting a local costume store. Our friends are having a murder mystery type party so we needed to look for our get ups. The party is two weeks away and I sill haven't decided on a costume. I really need to get with it!

As usual, every time a football game has been on, I've been watching it. I'm telling you, the only reason we have cable is so that we can watch football! Too bad our UT Vols are terrible this year!

Friday night we had family movie night. We watched The Matrix and really enjoyed it. Caroline didn't really get into it but she's a bit young to "get" it all. We're planning to watch The Matrix Reloaded tomorrow night and will soon rent the third one. Speaking of movies, we watched a couple of others this week. The Bucket List was one of the best. We really enjoyed it. We also watched Made of Honor but it wasn't as good as I expected. The Duchess and Nights in Rodanthe is next on my list. I just finished reading Nights in Rodanthe and the book was very predictable. I've heard the movie is the same way and that I should save my money. Have any of you seen it? What are your thoughts?

Saturday, I took off about 1:30 and met a friend at the mall. We shopped for about five hours (lots of window shopping) and ate some yummy shrimp at Red Lobster. I was good for a few hours but started to feel pretty sick. I ended up coming home early but still had a wonderful time! It's so nice to get out with a girlfriend from time to time. Thanks K! It was fun.

Tonight, my mom's coming in for a visit. We are very excited and she has big plans for us. She has several craft projects lined up for the girls. Mom is very crafty and I'm sure the girls will really enjoy helping her. She'll be here for a couple of days so hopefully I'll have some pictures to share next week!

What about you guys? What was your week like?

1 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

We rented Made of Honor last week when hubby was gone and Liz and I watched it.... forgot to ask her what she thought but it was just ok for me. Not as good as I'd hoped...plus he just started out as such a playboy, jerky kind of guy I thought!