Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ten On Tuesday: People Turn Offs

I need to get back into this whole blogging thing so here goes!

10 Things That Turn You Off About People

  1. Bad breath.....can't stand it. Don't come at me with breath that smells like you just ate the slop out of a pig trough.
  2. Rude people....have a little decency. Say things in a nice way, even if you have the right to be ticked off and rude. That's how we southerners do it!
  3. Posers.....I've known one very good one. Be real...don't try to be someone you're not. Trust me, I've tried it :-) It isn't a happy place to be!
  4. Disregard for elderly people....I see so much of this by young people and it really lights my fire. These elderly people raised us and gave things up so that we might have a better life. If that isn't enough to change your behavior, remember that you'll be elderly one day. How do you want to be treated?
  5. Control freaks.....I'm more of a team player. I like to see a bunch of hands working together to accomplish something. I can't stand the loud mouth who acts like they are the end all be all. Get over yourself!
  6. Non-readers.....there is more to life than what is contained between the pages of People magazine. Pick up Jane Austen and give her a whirl....I guarantee you'll laugh yourself silly and learn a lot of great vocabulary!
  7. English teachers who use bad grammar....that's all I'm going to say about this one. If you can't speak or use good English in writing, how can you possibly teach anyone else to use or speak it?
  8. Medical professionals who smoke.....I'm not against smoking. It just bothers me for a doctor or nurse to preach to someone about kicking the habit when secretly they spend their breaks and the majority of their lunch time behind the building puffing on one :-)
  9. Half-hearted efforts.....Give everything you've got or don't even attempt it. If you're not willing to pour all of yourself into something, you probably shouldn't do it.
  10. Chewing with an mouth open.....if I'm not eating it, I certainly don't want to see it :-) Just sayin'!

For more Ten On Tuesday posts, visit yanowhatimean.com.

39 comments:

Nessa said...

Ooooooooo, all very good ones, especially the one about the elderly. That sort of thing chaps my hide too.

Megan, Life Revamped said...

great list! I admire readers, and I stay away as much as possible from people who haven't touched a book in their lives!

Here's my turn-off list , too!

La Tejedora said...

I like 9 and 10. I didn't manage to think up of those.

gail@more than a song said...

good list!
And what is up with medical people smoking; of all people they should know what it does to you!

Anonymous said...

All these point are really true. I think i have to work upon Disregard for elderly people point. Thanks for this inspiring post.answerstash

deniborin said...

Nice post
thanks for share

regard
www.karawanginfo.com

cadie said...

nice 10 suggestions. I like the one about elderly and other also.
I will work upon these tens.

anie said...

Its a nice list. Thanks to share.

Home Lighting

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your post.I thinks all these points are really true.This blog is very especially.
Free MP3 Songs

Amit said...

Hy, it really very nice, I really very enjoyed especially the point 7,9...Thanks for sharing.
Free MP3 Songs

Anonymous said...

I must agree! that are also the things I don't like to see on people to do. :P

Susan Bell said...

This blog is very nice and informative. it is pretty hard task but your post and experience serve and teach me how to handle and make it more simple and manageable.
Thanks for the tips… Best regards.
writing a dissertation

Dana Weber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I heard this once:

"Don't be what you isn't;
Just be what you is;
For if you is what you isn't,
You isn't what you is."

Beth

ToysPeriod is a leading online shop specializing in lego sets and model railroad equipment.

chandrika said...

Nice ten ideas. I like the one about elderly and other also.
Also I will work upon these tens. Thanks………….
Goji Berry

Unknown said...

i like the 10th one..nice post thanks for sharing...recently i visited your blog..its really interesting

ayurvedic medicine

Unknown said...

all are so wired...eeee
midtown new york city hotel

Unknown said...

yah its really very informative thanks.

Discount Jimmy Buffett Tickets

Unknown said...

As you all know, cigarette smoking is a very touchy and controversial subject. Medical professional should use their knowledge and experience in better way.

social bookmarking

Admin said...

very informative article. thanks

http://www.mgleizer.net

Jazminwilss said...

Ohh its really cool to have such amazing 10 points article passage, which makes it so important...
Regards
Jazmin W

Unknown said...

Im not sure which is my worst one on the list. Id like to add false people to the list, over the top friendliness really gets my goat!!

Stela James said...

This helped me a lot.

home jobs

Stela James said...

This helped me a lot.

home jobs

Unknown said...

Great post and now I know what to do, thank you! Actually this Blog post helped me a lot. I hope you continue writing about this kind of entry.

cheap jay z tickets

Unknown said...

Agree with the posers comment! On a related note, I also cant stand liars and passive aggressive people!

Smart Payment Plan

jennie said...

That is just too funny & Interesting, I love to read your post as well as the video. Your every post is just awesome. Thanks for sharing this in your post with us.

hily said...

From 1 to 6 is really great. Everyone should walk on this way only then only WORLD become lovely, peacefully where one care and do respect for others...this is Real WORLD. Eveyone should leave by their own rules...which make them Remember even after death.

Imran Hussain Khan said...

Thanks for post and other tips. Now I'm making my own design.

Live TV channels

marco1054 said...

nice and good post.
thank you.


filter driver

Boby Lashlay said...

You made a good list of Bad people. They are people have no care of their own selves.

Boby Lashlay said...

You made a good list of Bad people. They are people have no care of their own selves.

SEO Optimization

Freshcrop said...

Thanks for a great blog with many interesting posts!

Imrana Brandt said...

ooohhhh, great list and wonderful post..

Buy HGH

imi said...

i agree with all your points mentioned, i honestly enjoy reading this blog.

Toronto Airport Limousines

emp said...

i hundred percent agree on these points. i honestly don't like the people with above mentioned points

IT Maintenance

Haris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haris said...

i like the post
Thank u

E-Clinical

Clipping Solutions said...

Thanks for taking the time to write this.Photo Retouching Services