Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 8

Ahhhhhhh.....another great week has passed. What a time we've had around here. It's quite possibly been one of the best weeks of my life!

The AWESOME Part:

  • The most awesome part of the week was Friday, March 30. My in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! We had a surprise bash for them at our place. We told them we were taking them to dinner and Jeff went to pick them up (he made some excuse that I was still getting ready so they had to swing back by to get me). They were shocked, surprised, tickled, and happy to find about 18 family members and friends waiting for them when they pulled up! It was one of the best feelings of my life. They are such dear people to us. What a wonderful example they've been through the years. We enjoyed lots of food, lots of fellowship, banjo, guitar, and mandolin picking, looking through old photos of them, and watching them open a few gifts.

The Good Parts:

  • My BIL got his insulin pump and is now hooked up to it. Woo Hoo! He's had a good week since getting this and we are thankful for God's mercy in this. He's also had four doc appointments this week and they have all been positive. He went to the kidney doc and his kidneys are holding at 18. He still faces dialysis but the longer we can put it off, the better we feel about it. He saw the eye doctor this week too. We were all worried because he was having vision problems and we feared his diabetes was attacking his eye sight. Turns out, he only needed new glasses! He saw a cardiologist on Friday because he's been having a problem there. The ER doc from last week felt this problem was worsening and suggested he see this cardiologist. I'm happy to report that the cardiologist didn't feel the problem was any worse. All around, his doc visits were encouraging and it was good to see him looking and feeling better this week!
  • Jeff completed the bookshelf he started making me last week. It turned out great and is happy in my living room, full of books!
  • I joined in on the Spring Fling Swap and got my partner's info this week! I'm very excited about this swap and I'm having TONS of fun coming up with items to put in the package going to my partner!
  • The girls and I have shared many great memory making moments this week. They were a HUGE help to me in preparing our home for the anniversary party. They happily cleaned outdoor furniture, helped cook food for the party, cleaned house, walked to the store for me 5 times in one morning because I kept forgetting things I needed for the party, and helped decorate. It was a huge success and we spent some quality time preparing everything. Logan even helped keep me from being as stressed out as I normally get when I do this type of thing. I always have those fears, you know.....I'm not going to make enough food and someone will be hungry, I'll forget to buy a gift, I'll forget to pull something out of the fridge that I made for the party, My dog will puke on the floor right before the party and I won't know it, the cat will jump on the table and dig into the food while no one is around, etc. Come on, you know you have those same stressed out feelings! LOL!
  • The party was a huge success and everyone enjoyed themselves!
  • The weather has been beautiful all week and we've enjoyed being outdoors.
  • I got some more of my trim painted.

The Not So Good Parts:

  • I honestly can't think of one!

I hope your week was as enjoyable and refreshing as ours! For more WR's, pop by Judi's place!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! What an awesome week! I hope you have another one this week!

Pfingston said...

WOW! That sounds like a truely awsome week . . here's to more weeks like that.

Anonymous said...

What a great week! I know you are so thankful for the example of your in-laws. I hope your BIL will continue to do well with his pump. I am glad my post was encouraging to you, and I just said a prayer for you. I hope you have another GREAT week!

Robin Green said...

You really did have a nice week. How fun to have that party for your in-laws at your house! Alot of work, but a lot of fun too, Have a good week.

Robin Green said...

and I'm so glad to know someone else loves Elvis!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that *is* a good week! If you can't even think of any bad parts! Hoping this next week is just as wonderful for y'all!

Annie said...

Sonya,
How wonderful that this was such a great week! The video of the anniversary was precious!
I'm getting things ready for the spring fling swap too, it is fun!
blessings~
Annie ♥

Anonymous said...

Great week! I'm so glad that the party went well and that everyone was happy to help and even happier to attend :)

Shawna said...

I'm glad you got a better report for your BIL! I'm glad you had some quality time with your girls, too, and that the party went well. I'm a worrier, too, especially that I'll have enough food.