Friday, April 20, 2007

Hugs to Leanne

If you didn't take part in this swap, you should have! This was the first swap I've ever been a part of and it was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one to roll around!

Two days ago, I came home and my husband informed me that I had a package at the door. I was trying to think of what I had ordered and couldn't remember! Then my daughter brought the package to me and I recognized Leanne's return address! It caught me by surprise but I didn't waste any time opening it up! The girls were practically hanging on my shoulders, trying to get the first peek of what was inside! Oh what fun it was to read the card she sent along and then open up each individually wrapped package. Here's what I saw when I opened up the box.....

Leanne sent me soap (S), pens (P), Rolos and Reese's (R), incandescent light or candles (I), note cards (homemade)(N), things to grow and gloves (G) (Forget Me Nots). She was very creative with her gifts and I especially loved the note cards. She had made them by using pictures she cut from magazines. She glued the cut outs onto card stock and then wrote a theme on the front of each card. The envelopes were even more interesting. She had used a page from a magazine to make an envelope to hold each note card. I'd never seen that before and I am anxious to find a reason to use these right away! I was thrilled! I'm still thrilled! I can't wait to get the Forget-Me-Nots started! Thank you Leanne!

Now it's my turn. I will be mailing my package out to Leanne on Saturday. Here's a sneak peak at some of the things she'll receive from me....

It's been good to have a reason to drag out the crafting supplies and make a mess everywhere! Thanks to Rebecca and Lucy for organizing this swap! You did a wonderful job and it was a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

I am so glad you liked your box! It was so fun to do! I am attempting to make another "themed" box for my friend, Yvonne's birthday...using the letters Y-V-O-N-N-E...this one is HARD!
I love reading your blog. Keep in touch!
Love,
Leanne

Robin Green said...

That does look like so much fun, Sonya. I may participate next time around!

Annie said...

Yours both look so cute! I mailed mine yesterday and will post a pic when she gets it.
It was fun finding pink & green things!

Michelle said...

wow that looks like it was such a fun swap to participate in!

Unknown said...

that is such a wonderful theme ... i may just have to "steal" the idea ...

It looks really gorgeous ... I still owe two people swaps and it seems to me that I'll be returning the favor in June ... sigh ...

Shawna said...

What a wonderful blessing!! Very creative, too!