Friday, April 20, 2007

MMORPG's? What are those?

My husband is a wonderful man. He's smart, loving, funny as all get out, creative, and many other things too numerous to mention. You get the picture though. He is the perfect man for me. We have the same type of personality, which sometimes causes conflict. That's a good thing though! Sometimes we need a good conflict to help us communicate better. We have so much in common. We both like being at home with our family, we love our church, good food, good movies, good comedy, board games, sleeping in, animals, pro football, college football, any football, college basketball, and the list goes on. When it comes to hobbies, we have different ones. I like to scrapbook (or pretend that I'm scrapbooking!), quilt (still learning), blog, clean stuff, or go to Walmart. Yep, I like Walmart, what can I say! He likes to fly radio control airplanes and build them, design web sites, play music (usually his bagpipes....he's in a bagpipe band), and probably his biggest hobby, MMORPG's. He even talked me into playing one of these with him one time.

Now, for those of you who have no idea what a MMORPG is, I'm about to enlighten you. The acronym stands for Massively Multi player Online Role Playing Game. Really, what that means is say goodbye to your husband for months at a time! LOL! These games are so much fun you wouldn't believe me if I told you! I have never, ever played a game that was as fun as one of these. There are all types of these. Companies spend millions of dollars to make one of these games. Sometimes they are very successful and sometimes they flop. It's crazy.

To make a long story short, I believe my husband should be paid by these companies as a "tester" of their games. Why, you ask? I'll let the picture below explain the answer to that one. These games are almost as social as going out with friends for dinner. You get together with other players in the game to do quests or band together to beat some bad guys. Jeff has made many friendships with people all over the world through playing these games. As I mentioned, I even played one of them with him and had a blast. I had to quit though because I found that I wanted to play it way to much! Our children even enjoy hanging on daddy's shoulder while he plays....and I'm usually right by his side at my computer or on the couch behind him watching. I'm always kidding him because every time a new game is getting ready to come out, he has to tell me, very excitedly, how good he thinks it will be! LOL! I think that's his way of telling me he's going to buy it!

I wanted to share this with you because I thought my hubby was the only man who played these games. Well, I really thought that most of the game players were teenagers or young adults.. Imagine how surprised I was when Shawna posted her desk challenge photo the other day and I happened to notice some MMORPG's on her hubby's desk! I had to email her right away to find out if her husband too was a MMORPG player....and he is, or was! Her hubby had four of the games on his desk and so I thought it only fair that I expose my husband's "growing collection."

These are the ones I could find. It's funny because when I asked him last night of the other games he's played, he gave me names of about 8 more! I would have never dreamed that a man would love to play these types of games at 37!

So, does your husband play MMORPG's?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, he doesn't play those games but he plays military type games on his PS2 and XBOX. I'm not into those so I just fiddle online, LOL.

Shawna said...

My hubby will never outgrow gaming! He gets the most excited about a game if I like it to! I think he's longing to play Guild Wars again!