Ten Things That Make Life A Bit Easier
- My cell phone: We do not have a home phone and only use our cell phones. This helps cut down on time I would normally spend sorting through calls from telemarketers! It has a camera built in. It also has video capability. I thought I'd never use some of these features but they have proven to be very handy.
- My digital camera: It's small, light weight, can record video, and can hold lots of pictures. I love cameras because they capture so many beautiful moments.
- My Toyota Echo. This car is small but roomy. The best feature is that it gets between 40-44 mpg. Since gas prices are out the roof, this car makes my life easier because it doesn't take as much dough out of my wallet to drive it!
- Gmail: Email makes life easier but Gmail goes beyond that. It's easier to weed through spam and you can access it from anywhere! I love email because I hate talking on the phone. I stay in touch with family and friends more than if I had to call them.
- My thyroid medicine: My hubby will back me up on this one....without my medicine, I'd be a walking zombie. I have hypothyroidism and stay tired alot. If I go a few days without my meds, watch out! You'll find me laying somewhere looking like I'm in a coma or if you try and have a conversation with me, you'll find that I slur like there's no tomorrow! LOL!
- The Internet: Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet! LOL! Seriously, the internet has made life sooooo much easier. Homeschooling wouldn't be the same without access to the wealth of information the internet has to offer. I use it daily in our schooling as well as many other personal uses.
- My Check Card: It's quicker and more convenient than using paper checks. It is deducted automatically from my account. Enough said!
- Sister Schubert Rolls: Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of eating these know that they ROCK! They taste like homemade without all the work! They are already baked and frozen in bags. You pop them into the oven for 10 minutes to brown them up and viola! What comes out of the oven is a soft, yummy, warm yeast roll! Mmmmmmmm!
- My Westbend Crock Pot: From what I understand, this model isn't made anymore. Let me just say that it has been wonderful! Crock pots make it easier on us anyway but my favorite soup (Santa Fe Soup) is cooked in the crock pot! It's nice to occasionally throw some things into it, leave, and come back hours later to smell a wonderful party cooking all through my house!
- DVD Player: TV reruns driving you mad? Not anymore! Thank goodness for DVD players! We rarely ever watch cable but watch movies like crazy! I especially love my DVD player on weekend afternoons when there's nothing to do besides pop in Pride & Prejudice while knitting or attempting to scrapbook! Buy it! I promise you'll love it!
I saw this list over at Lori's so hop on over and read her list!