Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What American Accent Do You Have?

I saw this over at Momma Roar's blog and thought I would give it a try. I was skeptical but I'm a sucker for a fun meme. I was happy that it gave the results it did since I am a southern gal! Be sure to let me know if you decide to try this. I'm interested to see if yours is accurate!

 

What American accent do you have?
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net

Southern. Love it or hate it, your accent says you're probably from somewhere south of the Ohio River.

Take this quiz now - it's easy!
We're going to start with "cot" and "caught." When you say those words do they sound the same or different?





post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tried it, and it pegged me as a southerner as well (I am from TN)!

Robin Green said...

Mine came up the same as yours! fun.

Momma Roar said...

I like these kind of memes too! I just couldn't believe how small the area was for my 'accent' and that is where I live. Several I've seen have many states, mine was just a few! It seems to be right on for most!

Kat said...

Ok that's weird becuase I got the south and I have always been told I have a slight southren accent however I was born and raised in MD!!!lol

Annie said...

based on the quiz, we sound the same. i took a articulation class in college and since have tried to not have an 'accent.'

Mandalyn said...

I did this a couple of days ago. It picked up on my Mississippi raising--definetly a Southern accent!

Shawna said...

I totally sound Southern, but it said I sounded like I was from the Midwest. Maybe I tried too hard:)

Anonymous said...

Yippee. I answered the questions correctly enough to be labeled a Southerner still. But, Texans do not talk like people from TN or the REAL south!! (I'm a TN native!)