Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Armchair Reading Challenge

I saw this over at Jenny's place and because she is my RL friend, I couldn't let her out do me! Just kidding Jenny! This challenge is being hosted by A Life In Books and you can find rules and details here.

Here are my choices for this challenge:

  1. Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot. (Ecuador)
  2. Silas Marner by George Eliot. (England)
  3. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. (Lexington, KY)
  4. The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett. (Habit, KY)
  5. The Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis. (Lancaster County, PA)
  6. Finding Ruth by Roxanne Henke. (Brewster, North Dakota)

I'm very excited about this challenge and the books I've listed. I have only been to one of these places (Lancaster County, PA) so it'll be exciting to read about the others. Also, two of these books are ones that I have received through blogging giveaways. The Patron Saint of Liars came to me via Jill who is having a monthly book giveaway called Jill's Book Bag. Finding Ruth came to me via Katrina over at Callapidder Days. Thanks also to Roxanne Henke, who is the author of Finding Ruth and who actually mailed it to me.

I hope you'll join the challenge because I know it'll be a ton of fun! It is a great motivator so what are you waiting for?!!! Get to work on your list and post it so everyone can see what you are going to be reading over the next few months!!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!



post signature

1 comments:

Jenny said...

oh...I am so going to beat you in the reading challenge...just you wait and see! And when I do, I'm going to throw a biscuit behind your tv..bwahhahhaa!!!!