Monday, July 30, 2007

Menu Plan Monday July 30-August 5

Monday: Cheap take out pizza from Mad Greek. Jeff has bagpipe lessons tonight and I have a to do list that's a mile long.

Tuesday: Santa Fe Soup w/tortilla chips

Wednesday: Asian Orange Chicken, rice, egg rolls, shrimp sauce (Thanks Carrie!)

Thursday: Lasagna, garlic bread, salad

Friday: Easy Baked Fish and chips, potato wedges (From Kraft magazine)

Saturday: Hamburger steak w/onion gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, salad

Sunday: Fish tacos, chips-n-queso (I'm still looking for a good recipe for the tacos)

I'm also looking for a gyro recipe if anyone has a good one. As promised, here' the dressing recipe I whipped up this week that was oh so yummy!

Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing

1/3 cup mashed strawberries

3 TBS red wine vinegar

1 TBS sugar

1/2 cup olive oil

Whisk oil, vinegar, and sugar together until blended. Add mashed strawberries and whisk until blended. Come to think of it, I added 1 tsp more sugar after whisking it together because my strawberries were a little on the tart side. I'd say just add sugar to taste if this isn't sweet enough for you. Mine was tart with a hint of sweetness. Just the way I like it! You can use it right away or chill it to use later. I also made up a batch using balsamic vinegar but I preferred the recipe above.

Have a great Monday!

 



post signature

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Annie, from My Life As Annie, has one she loves.

Hope y'all enjoy the Orange Chicken. Shrimp sauce... is this the the creamy orangish one? If so, do you make your own?

Anonymous said...

Oops, that reference to Annie was for the gyro. :o)

Jenny said...

Well, it all looks good to me! Even the cheap take out pizza for tonight!

gail@more than a song said...

Popped over from Coach J's and see that you do MPM, I do it too! And got so excited to see fish tacos, was gonna ask you for the recipe but I see you're looking for one!

Mandalyn said...

Your menu sounds wonderful!!! And there's nothing better than cheap take-out pizza sometimes!:)

Kelli said...

Mmm..you menu sounds delicious, Sonya! Even cheap pizza sometimes! :0)

Kelli

Annie said...

Great week Sonya!
I love the cheap pizza too! little ceasers is my favorite (my family doesn't agree unfortunately)...
Happy Monday.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Mmm, that vinaigrette sounds so good! Sounds like a good week, and I got a little giggle out of the statement that you get your pizza from a place called Mad Greek, too funny!

Have a great day and a wonderful week!

workinthatpreppy said...

you are so organized on your meal planning. impression menu!

Corrie said...

Sounds yummy. I can't believe you just "whipped up" the runner and placemats! Wow! I stand impressed. They are really cute. The recipient is going to love them!