Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Complete Randomness

I don't know how most of you do it. I mean, I'm pretty good with getting things done. At least I used to be :-o) Since I started to blog, I find that my time passes like the wind! Where does it go? I have discovered Google Reader, which helps me easily catch up on reading blogs. How in the world do I find more time to post though? That may be something that isn't realistic. After all, I do have a family to take care of and that trumps everything. My current practice is to catch up on blog reading first thing in the morning while the kids are having breakfast or taking showers. That gives me plenty of time to get a good chunk of them read. As for posting, I usually do that at night after supper while the kids are reading or after they go to bed. Easy, right? You'd think so but it doesn't seem to work that way. I usually have papers to grade or lesson plans to go over. If it's not that, I want to get a good book and pop myself down in a corner somewhere. I've decided tonight that it'll work itself out and I'll be just fine! LOL! I would love to hear how you organize your blog reading and blog posting time.

I thought I'd take a minute to review a couple of movies real quick. First, for Stacy, Premonition. I liked it pretty well. The hubster was disappointed with the ending but I thought it was as good as it could be. I don't want to give too much away so I can't say much. If you like Sandra Bullock, you'll be surprised at this role, I think. I thought it a little odd for her but she did a good job with it. If I were rating it on a number scale, I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

Next, Number 23 starring Jim Carrey and Virginia Madsen. First off, the trailer made me shiver when I first saw it. I couldn't imagine Jim Carrey in this kind of role. I like Virginia Madsen pretty good and she did a nice job in this film. Overall, I'd give this 4.5 of 5. I felt like this film didn't last long enough....like maybe a few more things could have been fleshed out given another 20 minutes. Anyway, it was good and Jim Carrey did a nice job. It's rated R due to some language and sexuality. It's not horrible but it is there. So, there's your warning. I was so taken with the plot that those things were just annoyances to me. I was trying to wrap my mind around the fact that everything seemed to be linked to the number 23.

I hope these were helpful. I am trying to give you as much info as possible without spoiling the films for you. I'm not sure if I've said it before here but one of the best films I've seen in a long time was Breach. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now! Oh, we also recently watched The Good Shepherd and all I can say is, ack! WAY TOO LONG! Too brutal. It doesn't make me look very positively on government agencies (FBI or CIA), not that I do anyway :-o)

I'm off to do something with the other ten cucumbers I pulled out of the garden yesterday! LOL! I could sell these babies to the supermarket, as fast as they're growing! I've got about six more to pull tomorrow. Looks like I'll be taking more to church on Sunday! I'll leave you with something else I pulled out of the garden...actually, I cut them!

I ~heart~ zinnias!



post signature

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Cool Beans...I just read you through Google Reader...how cool am I?? And I did all this while holding a biscuit.....

Annie said...

I ♥ zinnas too!!!

Jenny said...

Those zinnias look wonderful! We planted our first ones ever this year, b/c my daughter brought them home in a cup from church. They were surprise seeds. I was pleasantly surprised. I will be planting more in the future!

Corrie said...

Thanks for the movie reviews! Loved the flowers!

Kelli said...

I'd like more time in the day too! I use something similiar for reading blogs and it really does help.
Your zinnias are so pretty!!
Kelli

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great post! I agree on Premonition, we had rented it also, and I'd give it about 3.5 out of 5 stars. We liked Breach ok, but didn't just love it. I thought it was a bit slow in spots. I had Good Shepherd up soon in our Netflix queue, but I had already moved it down, way down. I haven't heard a lot of good things about it. I added Number23 for my husband - I don't like watching those kinds of movies, they scare me!

I've had Google Reader a while and I really like it too! I just find it really hard to keep up. I have so many blogs I like to read, and I can't seem to get my Google Reader "down" to a manageable level. It gets very disconcerting to always, always see it at 100+, no matter how much I read. I am finding it hard to keep up, so I can totally relate. :)

Those zinnias are gorgoues! I wish I had one of those cucumbers, I love them :)

Have a great day Sonya!

gail@more than a song said...

The flowers are beautiful! And so summery looking.

We watched Breach this week and really liked it, I sort of remember the story after seeing the movie. It kinda made hubby mad at the guy for what he did though. I don't do scary movies well, so not sure about Premonition for me if it's scary.

I don't have an answer for blogging stuff...I don't know how you supermoms do it! If I had blogging when mine were little I would not have made it. When any of the kids are here I can't quite find time to blog and do all else that needs to be done. Too many wonderful blogs I like to read!

Kristi said...

Awww, fresh flowers! I wish I had some to pick from our yard. Well, hubby promised we'd (he'd) get more into gardening soon.

Kristi said...

OH as far as getting everything done. .. something suffers and it is usually the housework! I use netvibes to read blogs and I read friends and fun people I've "met" online first. I leave the fun interior design blogs for when I do have time. The unread posts on those are piling up! I don't push myself with my etsy store and I try to promote myself here and there.

Anonymous said...

I almost can't believe you posted that question, LOL. I have been tossing the very same thing around in my head lately. I can't keep up with my blog time to save my life these days. I only read a handful everyday and I use Google Reader ... but still .... I just can't find the time to sit to read ... much less post ... as you can tell this week my blog is lacking in material, LOL!