Friday, July 20, 2007

There's Another One?

Anyone who has ever read this blog must know by now that I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan. Particularly, I am a HUGE Pride & Prejudice fan. I own three versions of the movie. I have watched all three of them multiple times. I just love it! Yes, I own the book, I've read it and I love it. I nearly laughed myself to death while reading it! Mrs. Bennett and her nerves! LOL!

I'm wondering how in the world I missed this version of the movie! It was released in 1940 and I've never seen it or even heard of it. I just happened across it today when I was doing some general Jane Austen research. Amazon even has it for sale! I'm not sure why I'm surprised since you can find almost anything on Amazon! So now I'm itching to see this version and maybe buy it in the future. I'm wondering if any of you have seen it. If so, I'd love to hear your comments about the movie. I'm also thinking I should check the library to see if they have a copy.

I still can't believe I didn't know about this version! Where have I been?!!!



post signature

5 comments:

Jill said...

I've read the book but have never seen any version of the movie. It just so happens that Good Morning America had a story on today about a guy who sent part of Pride and Prejudice (almost word for word) as a manuscript to 18 publishers and all of them rejected it. Only one even recognized it as plagerism. He was doing an experiment to see how well classic authors would fare in today's publishing world. Kind of interesting....

Shawna said...

I can't believe another one!! BTW, I've rented Mansfield Park to watch this weekend.

Robin Green said...

I had no clue--but I will have to check it out now. Let me know if you find it.

Anonymous said...

I have see the A&E and the Kiera K. version. What is the third version you have? I just read Sense and Sensibility and loved it. Why had I not read these books before now?????

Jenny said...

I never knew that existed. Hope you find it!! I need to read more of Jane's books :)