Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 23

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get excited about my WR. I've had a fine week. I have nothing to complain about. I am just not in a blogging groove this week :-o) Maybe I'm a bit crabby because I haven't had much reading time this week. Maybe it's because my monitor is dying and everything I look at is distorted. Everything looks like a giant, dull rainbow. Yep, that's it. I just can't get happy about blogging because my monitor is making everything look ugly. Not to worry. A new monitor has been ordered and will arrive on Tuesday. I'll be happier on Tuesday! LOL!

This week has been pretty uneventful, which is just the way I like it. The girls and I went to my grandma's house on Friday. We had a wonderful time visiting with her. She just turned 84 in May and is not as active as she used to be but her mind is still pretty sharp. Her reflexes and reaction time have slowed but she still has a strong opinion about most things. She's a fiery little thing. She still reads the newspaper everyday and is fascinated with the weather. She used to keep little logs about what the weather was like in certain parts of the country on particular days. Well, when I say logs, I actually mean little slips of paper that she tucks into her pocketbook and digs out years later. Before we started to leave her house on Friday, she told me she had to give me something she's been carrying around for years. I waited patiently as she dug around her pocketbook and a few minutes later, she pulled out an old Wendy's name tag. It belonged to me and that was the first job I had right out of high school. Just so you can understand what a big deal this is, that was 16 years ago. I worked there for about a year so that means that my dear ole' granny has been carrying this thing around for 15 years! I would have tossed the thing but not granny. She held on to it for dear life so that one day she could reunite me and my name tag! LOL! Gotta love that woman!

My mom was also there so we were able to spend some time with her too. Logan stayed overnight at my granny's and then went home to West VA with my mom for a few days. She'll be home Monday and we've missed her. Caroline came home with me because we were supposed to go to the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games on Saturday. We ended up staying home because my BIL was admitted to the hospital again. He's doing well overall but had to start dialysis. This made him feel better and he will now be having it three times per week. On a good note, two of his children who are over 18 were kidney donor matches. His daughter is now going through the necessary testing so that she can donate as soon as she gets the medical ok.

Saturday night we had a quiet night in and watched The Last Mimzy with Caroline. She enjoyed it and we thought it was just ok. Speaking of movies, I recently watched Goal and I liked it. We watched Happy Feet with the kids and I was not thrilled in the least. I'm just not one for animated movies. The only animated movie I've watched lately that I liked was Flushed Away . Now it was pretty funny.

I finished reading Animal Farm by George Orwell and I really enjoyed it. Lots to think about after reading this one! I'll be starting The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis this week. I'm also reading The Patron Saint of Liars that Jill was kind enough to send me. I'm really enjoying it Jill!

That's about it from our little home in TN. I hope all of you have had a wonderful week! I can't wait to read your reflections!



post signature

7 comments:

Mandalyn said...

I'm glad your week was good! I go through down blogging times too. I've been in one lately! I hope you have a great week ahead!

Mandalyn said...

I would love to meet up with you while we are in PF. We will be there Dec. 22-27.

Amberly said...

What a sweet granny! Don't you just love grandparents?

I remember reading Animal Farm in high school and really enjoying it. Maybe I should re-read it!

Jill said...

Glad you're enjoying the book. It's hard to tell what others might think constitutes "good reading".

Anonymous said...

Funny, we own both Happy Feet and Flushed Away. I love Happy Feet but fell asleep through Flushed Away!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sonya. Thanks for you sweet comment and prayers. Sounds like you had a pretty good week. Even though you couldn't get excited about the reflecting part! :)

Shawna said...

Your granny is such a sweet lady!! You'll have to keep that nametag in a safe place from now on! I watched the Last Mimzi last night. It could have been better, and I did really enjoy Flushed Away, too.

Hope everything goes well with your BIL and your niece with donating. I'll be praying.