Saturday, August 11, 2007

Family Fridays # 2

 

Yesterday was a pretty neat day for me. I usually try and leave Fridays open so that we can do some fun things instead of going here and there or loading the kids down with school work. We school year round and I'm the world's worst at taking days off just to have fun. The way the heat has been in this part of TN lately, I was in no mood to do much of anything outside but was in the mood for some fun! So, when the opportunity arose to have Belle, the daughter of my good friend Jenny ,over for the day, we jumped on it!

Belle is about 6, I think, and my youngest is 8. The girls get along fabulously. You'd never know they were around really. Jenny and her family came by and dropped Belle off around noon and we jumped right into having some fun. We started with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Afterwards, I ran to Burger King and picked up some shakes for the girls. Logan joined the two younger girls for Monopoly and Bunco. Later, there was much playing with Barbie's along with sidewalk chalk, Play Doh, and various other toys. It was about six hours of nonstop fun. I loved watching all of the girls interact. Logan was quite the picture of maturity as she helped keep fun things going. I loved how Caroline's naturally dominant personality became gentle and giving with Belle. As for Belle, she's just a sweet, soft spoken little girl that you just want to scoop up and cuddle. It made my day and I know it blessed my children to have her here. It also made me slow down and enjoy life a little more today. It allowed me time to listen as the kids played, as they laughed, and as they told stories to one another. I think alot of times, I busy myself with unimportant things and I don't take time to appreciate the simple, beautiful things in life. Today, however, I did slow down and these are a few of the things I was able to enjoy:

A nice chat with a good friend: (Jenny (L) and me (R):

Two little girls playing with Play Doh (they even taste tested it!):

Using one of the new knives I won from Capturing Today during the Dog Days of Summer Giveaway (thanks Paulette!) Also using the butcher block cutting board I found at a thrift store recently for $2! I love that thing!:

Watching as the hubster piled the cheese on his pizza: (We copied the make-your-own-pizza Friday from someone in the bloggy world (can't remember who though):

It seems that the simple moments are the most special to me. I just have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy them!

Thanks to Liz over at Monkey Kisses for hosting Family Fridays! Never mind that I'm a whole day late in posting it!

 



post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sonya ... before I say anoy more, I'm gonna fess up, LOL. This post, for whatever reason, made me tear up! I know, I'm a total dork and a half, LOL. This was just so sweet and such a wonderful reminder to stop and enjoy life around you more often. I loved the pictures (your family is just adorable) of everybody! I'm so glad you were so blessed with such a nice day yesterday! :o)

Shawna said...

What a great day! I love to see Scamp interacting with other kids. It makes me so proud of her -- except we're still working on the sharing:) Your girls are so caring. I'm glad you all had fun.

Anonymous said...

You've got an award waiting for ya!

Misty said...

I loved your family pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Mandalyn said...

Looks like ya'll had such a good time!! I enjoyed reading your family friday!!!:)

Annie said...

What a fun day. Loved the pic of you and Jenny.

Monkey Kisses said...

Awe that is great!!!! Thanks for joining in!!!! It's great to share anything little about our families !!!

Jill said...

What fun! I love staying home and doing simple things.

gail@more than a song said...

You're in TN so I know it must be hot there too! It's really hot here in MS.
Great post and I loved seeing all the pics, especially of you and your friend and the family ones! Looks like a good day.

Corrie said...

Sounds like such a pleasant and relaxing day! I would love to do fun things every Friday! =).
You have a beautiful family!

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, Sonya! I enjoyed the pictures!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Tested & Proven Home Based Business Ideas & Opportunities Just goes to show you can learn something new every day. Great post, I'll be back.