Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 8

Thirteen Signs You're A Homeschooler

  1. You have enough books in your home to fill a small library. Trust me on this one, I have the proof!
  2. You have multiple board games in your home and you use them on a regular basis.
  3. Chores are part of your curriculum.
  4. Someone asks you if you're concerned about the socialization of your children and you laugh.
  5. The cashier at Walmart asks your child why he's not in school in the middle of the day and you laugh as he tells her he is.
  6. Your kitchen doubles as a science lab.
  7. You spend more time at the kitchen table than anywhere else in the house.
  8. Someone asks your child what grade he's in and he has to ask you. (Because most homeschoolers work on several different grade levels all at the same time)
  9. You love lapbooks.
  10. Every outing is a field trip.
  11. You're printer never has time to rest because of all the online printables you go through.
  12. Your husband doubles as the "principal" of your homeschool.
  13. You eat breakfast, lunch, and supper with your children, every single day.

For more Thursday 13's, go here.



post signature

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen, sister, to them all!! I just love people asking my kids why they have the day off from school!! Our kitchen isn't the science lab, but we sure do stay in it alot b/c that's where the "school" table is!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

These are great! I think parents who homeschool their children are awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Loved this list, Sonya! Y'alls response to being asked why they're not in school is priceless. I'm gonna have to remember that. I've always wanted a cute comeback but could never think of one. :o)

Jill said...

Great list... what is a lap book?

Lis said...

Fond memories of being homeschooled :) I loved that I was able to go out somewhere with my parents in the day and it was a field trip. But #1 is SO true!! :o)

Mandalyn said...

I think this is great! My husband and I are seriously considering homeschooling our children when it comes time!! I'm impressed with you homeschooling moms!

Kelli said...

Those are great, Sonya! I love #4!

Kelli

Jenny said...

Oh yes...to all those! lol!! Except you forgot about "you know you're a homeschooler when you find a biscuit behind your tv"!!

My Education Junction has some neat printables that I've not seen before...you can get to her blog from my blog...I think she's in the sidebar!

Corrie said...

Cute list!

Shawna said...

What a great list!! Some of those are really funny!

Annie said...

Great list. I don't homeschool now, but I did homeschool Amanda for a year and Bailey for the year after Izzy's accident and experienced some of those things.

I applaud you as your children's educator!

Smockity Frocks said...

Great list! I laughed at the one about the child not knowing what grade he is in. I thought I was the only one this has happened to!