Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thrift Store Book Finds

I made it safely back from West Virginia last night around 9:30. Hubby was still at bagpipe practice so I came into an empty house. I'll have to say that it's a little creepy to come into a dark house alone. Especially since the door was ajar! I came on in and figured if someone was robbing us, the dog would be going nuts. The dog was behaving as normal so I felt ok to go on in and put away my things. It took me about an hour to unload and get things put away and by that time, I was exhausted!

During my visit, mom and I went thrift shopping. This is always alot of fun and it's a good way for me to get creative decorating ideas. Mom is a whiz at that kind of thing. She can find something that looks like it should be in the trash, and make something beautiful out of it. I'm sorry to say that I didn't inherit that trait. I look at the same thing and see a piece of trash! We both found several items and I'll be sharing those with you in individual posts this week. Sadly, I can't post these items until the kids return home, with my camera, on Thursday night.

I did find a few books that I can share with you. The first one is Edith Schaeffer's The Hidden Art of Homemaking. I've wanted to read this for some time but I've never taken the time to pick it up. The next book I found was Becoming A Titus 2 Woman by Martha Peace. I already have a copy of this book but I couldn't just leave it in the store! The best part is the price of the books. I paid....I hope you're ready for this.....25 cents each for these books. So, for a total of 50 cents, I picked up two great books! Since I already have a copy of the Martha Peace book and this one looks brand new, I'll be doing a giveaway real soon. Stay tuned for that!

I enjoyed my overnight stay at mom's but I'm glad to be home. My house is a complete disaster and I'm moving furniture around today! LOL! It's funny. You'd think since the girls are gone for a few days, that I would just rest since I don't have teaching responsibilities. Not me though, I have to do it up big and move bedroom furniture around, clean out closets, and do laundry. I'm not sure what I'll do tonight while hubby is gone to yet another bagpipe lesson. I may just go crazy and wash the car!

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!



post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I would love to read that Martha Peace book. I think I will add it to my ever-growing TBR list!

gail@more than a song said...

Books are always a fun find.