Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 28

The past few weeks have been a little busy for me. I'm sure that shows since I've only posted a couple of times in a week. Football season is here and I'm also working on some ideas for a home-based business. I haven't been real good at keeping up with reading other blogs either. I'm working my way through though and I'm having a good time reading about what all of you have been doing!

On Labor Day, we enjoyed a wonderful picnic hosted by our pastor and his family. We enjoyed a potluck type picnic and lots of fellowship. It was the perfect way to spend the holiday and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

The 5th was hubby's birthday and we managed to take him out to supper and to a movie. He enjoyed his favorite dish at O'Charley's (Bayou Shrimp Pasta) before heading off to see the latest Harry Potter movie.

Thursday through Saturday, I was laid up with some sort of sinus/allergy/cold thing. I think it was mostly allergies and the only thing that remedies that is for me to sleep it off. I did that on Thursday and Friday. I did feel better on Saturday but still not 100%. Of course, that didn't stop me from watching UT and USM. We won the game 39-19. It wasn't really that exciting because it was a pay-per-view game. I cannot stand to watch these types of games. The announcers bore me to tears. We had a house full of family watching it with us so that made it a little more tolerable.

Yesterday, we enjoyed a wonderful worship service and were invited, last minute, to have lunch with a few families from church. We were happy to get the invite and accepted. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch feast of pork, pasta, corn, green beans, fresh tomatoes, and peach cobbler for dessert. It was all yummy and the fellowship was just what we needed. We didn't end up getting home until around 5pm so we didn't make it back to church for the evening vespers service. We rested for awhile and then watched the Cowboys beat up on the Giants. What a perfect week!! The Vols win, the Cowboys win, and the Colts won on Thursday night! Who could ask for anything more!

I haven't taken any pictures in a few weeks so I'll try to get crackin' on that. Time just got away from me and it's been so hot that we've been indoors! Hopefully we'll get out some this week though and get some photos of all the interesting things we'll be getting into. We'll officially start our new school year tomorrow (the girls have had the past week off) so I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to talk about in the coming weeks! Maybe Jenny will even let me take some photos while she is over here this week!

I hope all of you have been busy doing things you love!

Thanks to Judi for hosting WR's. Not sure if she'll be doing a WR this week, since a good friend to her family passed away this week. Please keep the family in your prayers.



post signature

5 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like a good week....and eating/fellowshipping with friends and fellow church members is a wonderful way to spend time! It's just so fun to do!
I don't think Stacy & Tim were too fired up a/b the UT & USM game but there seems to be plenty of TN fans out there!

Anonymous said...

We started today ~ OY! LOL!

Glad y'all have had a good week. Busy is good!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Go Cowboys!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling all the way better! Let's home this week's Vols score is similar to last. :)

Kat said...

I have lost my hubby and don't expect to see him back until after playoffs. Go Ravens!