Thirteen Things I Dislike About Going To The Dentist
I was inspired to do this one since I have to go see an oral surgeon on Monday to have two wisdom teeth cut out. I'm almost 34. Why are these things not gone already?!
- All the money is costs me! LOL!
- Being scolded because I only use my Water Pik once a day instead of twice
- When my dentist continues working on a root canal even though my numbing meds are starting to wear off
- Having my occlusion adjusted
- Having my teeth cleaned. Something about all the scraping and violent flossing just doesn't make me look forward to it.
- Having my teeth polished. I don't like the tool they use. It tickles.
- The tool they use to suck the saliva or water out of your mouth. That thing makes a mess and I'm always wondering how sterile it is!
- The drape they clip over your clothes. They always clip my hair up in that thing! LOL!
- The dentist or dental assistant will ask me questions or try to have a conversation with me while their arm is half way down my throat. What's up with that?
- Talking to the receptionist, who happens to be the dentist's almost 90 year old mother. She's very pleasant as you are leaving the office but just call her on the phone to change your appointment or explain a problem! Boy are you in for a treat! Stand at the window to check in and she'll ignore you for ages. I've learned to just go in and sit down.
- Trying to control my tongue and keep it out of the way while I'm being worked on. Don't laugh. You try keeping it relaxed and still!
- The sound of the drill that I cannot seem to ignore while it's in my mouth.
- The thought of having someone looking that closely at my teeth. What if my lunch is still stuck in them? LOL!
For more TT's, go here.