Monday, October 29, 2007

Today's the Day!

Hi there. I hope you had a good weekend. We spent most of our time around here, trying to recover from our trip to Atlanta last weekend. I'll be writing more about that this week and I'll post some pictures too. We had a really good time but it's always nice to get home and settle back into a routine.

Last week was pretty uneventful. We had to take one of our vehicles in to have the brakes fixed and a few minor things. Hopefully we'll get it back tomorrow but I'm in no rush. I like that I haven't been able to drive much since last Thursday. For today, hubby borrowed his dad's car to drive to work because I get to go have two wisdom teeth taken out this afternoon. Joy. Once these two are out, I only have one more of these babies lingering around somewhere. I'm convinced that my dentist is still in business because of me. I've been so many times in the past year that I know I've paid his bills! LOL! As a result of having a "bad dentist" growing up, most of the work has had to be redone. Hence my monthly trips to my dentist now. I'm looking forward to the day that I only have to go for cleanings and the occasional check up.

I'm hoping things go smoothly today. I'll have two teeth removed and they are on opposite sides of my mouth....both on the bottom. I'm not letting them "put me under" since I have NEVER been under anesthesia. I just can't go there. Isn't that strange? I think I'm more afraid of that than I am of the teeth coming out. Anyway, the first wisdom tooth I had removed was so easy. As a matter of fact, I left the surgeon's office and went to eat breakfast at Shoney's with my in-laws. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so I think I'll do fine this time around. I was talking to hubby last night about my previous trip to the surgeon for this and he cut me off right away. He didn't want me tell him what the numbing needled looked like or anything! LOL! I'm fascinated with stuff like that. Hubby did let me describe the tool used to remove my wisdom tooth though. It looked like a bottle cap from one of those old glass Coke bottles, except it had a handle on it. I could hear it grinding into the tooth when he was removing it. This time I've decided since I'm having two of them removed, I'll take my mp3 player along to distract me from that sound. I know I can handle hearing it once, but twice, I'm not so sure of.

I hope your Monday turns out to be a wonderful one. I can't wait to tell you about some of the fun things we did while in Atlanta! Of course, I'll also have to share all the details from today's visit to the surgeon. I know you're on the edge of your seats!



post signature

4 comments:

jenn said...

Good luck at the dentist!

Amberly said...

EEEWWWW! I hate dentists! I do not envy you today! Good luck!

gail@more than a song said...

I hope you're doing ok after your dental work!

Anonymous said...

reGreat posting about auto loans, you guys are so smart. I like cars I need auto loans. I am very much pleased to get your blog in search result. It is very much helpful for me. Keep it up.