Thursday, October 4, 2007

What's Your Method?

Here's something totally random that has been on my mind today. Do you prefer to communicate on the phone, via email, texting, or some other way? I am not a phone person. In fact, several years ago, we got rid of our regular phone and now we use cell phones. We were tired of telemarketers calling and just the aggravation that goes along with that. Since getting cell phones, we rarely ever get spam calls. It's wonderful. However, I've noticed that I still do not prefer to communicate by phone. I'm constantly screening my calls when they come in.

Am I the only one? Are there more of you who would rather communicate some way other than by telephone? My preferred method is email. I'm on the computer alot during the day because I use it for our schooling. Therefore, I constantly have my email program pulled up. I can see when a message comes in and I respond pretty quickly to email. Is it strange that I would rather talk to people this way? I don't think it is but I'm curious about you. One thing I don't get is texting. I can see how it might be useful in some cases. I mean, it would have been perfect for that time, while in New York, hubby thought I had been kidnapped and left for dead (but that's a whole other story). For me, it would take longer to text so I have never been a fan of it. My niece and two nephews do it all the time. It drives me mad! LOL!

So I'm curious. How do you like to communicate with people? Phone, email, text, letter, or something else?



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer email for most things. I really only have one person I talk to much on the phone (Amberly). For most things, email is just so much more convenient!

Amberly said...

I too prefer email. I feel like it's easier to communicate via email b/c you can do it at your convenience. I don't always have time to answer the phone and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk. Emailing is great b/c each person can communicate on their own time frame and at their convenience!

Nancy Face said...

I am SOOO not into technology, haha! I got rid of my text messaging and I check my e-mail only about twice a month! I don't love talking on the phone, but that's what I do if I need to get in touch with someone right away. My very favorite thing is to send cards and letters in the mail, because I know how happy it makes me to get surprises like that in my mailbox!

Jill said...

I spend most of my working day communicating by email. It works best for me because I have a record of orders, changes, etc. And of course my love of blogging is via computer. I'm not a big phone person, except with my husband, and we check in with each other at least twice a day via phone. We have a home phone but rarely use it. On the weekends, I check in with friends via my cell phone.