Saturday, November 3, 2007

Finally, We Can Sleep Well

This past week, Jeff and I decided to invest in a new mattress set. We'd had the same set for more than seven years and the poor thing should have been thrown out a few years ago. Sleep is just something we've never spent much money on because there hasn't been a need. If we could lay down and go to sleep, we were good. For about the past year, we've both had some sleep problems and finally determined it had to be because we needed a new mattress set. So, we set out last Saturday to find the wholly grail of mattresses. We found the most wonderful mattress ever made at the first store we went into. However, being the frugal type we are, we had to go check out a few more places before committing to anything. After all, a good mattress set is very expensive these days. After a few hours of shopping, we came back to the first store and stood outside discussing the cost and if we were really ready to sink that much money into this. We went back into the store and Jeff proceeded to continue testing each mattress just to make sure :-o) He was so cute, going from bed to bed, tossing and turning, trying to simulate his normal sleeping habits. About twenty minutes later, we were sitting at a desk filling out all the necessary paperwork to purchase this doozy of a mattress set. We settled on a Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody set. It's got that cool memory foam stuff and we're loving it. We've slept better this past week than we have in our lives; and I can assure you of that since I've been in bed most of the week recovering from oral surgery to have wisdom teeth removed.

When we bought the set, we decided to upgrade from our full size set up to queen. We thought it would be easy to find a bed once we found the mattress set. Boy were we wrong. Do you know how many choices are out there? We went to several stores looking for beds and finally had to come home. My mind was so frazzled from all the choices. I got online and was surprised to find a wonderful selection of contemporary bedroom furniture. I particularly love platform beds. I think these are somewhat new to the market and I love the sleek designs that many of them have. They even have a few that are "walk on", which basically means that they have an area on the platform that is specifically for you to step up on in order to get into bed. I'm not sure our budget can handle furniture this beautiful right now but a girl can dream can't she!!!

 



post signature

3 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

Hi Sonya!

Thanks for leaving a comment in our blog A Day in the Life of a Four Year Old in the post Happy Birthday Keisha! It really means a lot to us. You also might want to check our other blog Something and Nothing at All for even more pictures of her. As parents, I guess it's just hard to stop talking about our kids. The day went well for all of us, and although we were a bit tired with all the cooking and guests we had to entertain, we had a lot of fun and we knew Keisha was happy.

It seems like you got a pretty good deal on the mattress you and Jeff got, by the way. :)

Thanks again!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I am so glad I came back to your blog. We had a Temperpedic for one of those trial periods, and we realized that we couldn't afford it at the time. So, we sent it back. To this day we wish we hadn't. We WILL be getting another one. Now, as far as the platform type bed goes, I have one. It was cute in the beginning, but after several years, I realize that I am not as young as I once was. My back problems, etc.. leave this beautiful bed a nightmare getting into it. I can't even get into my own bed without a step stool anymore! Ugh! Don't do it! Go for a more traditional style that you can walk up to and plop into if you want.

Shawna said...

New mattresses are nice. We got one a couple of years ago -- pillow top. But, I still have to sleep with an egg shell mattress on it. We've upgraded to egg shell/memory foam though.