My BIL just called to let us know that the transplant is a NO GO. He's been at the hospital since 10am this morning, in a private room, waiting to get word concerning the condition of the pancreas and kidney. Since a liver is so hard to come by, it takes priority over the pancreas or kidneys. So, during the surgery to remove the liver from the donor, the pancreas was damaged. It cannot be used and the kidney was given to the next person on the waiting list. My BIL needs both organs. His daughter is a match for a kidney but he really needs to get both organs from the same donor. He is disappointed since this is the second time he has received the call for possible transplant. Thanks to all of you that took time out to send me an email. I really appreciate that!
My BIL called at 8am this morning very excited. He received a call from his transplant team and there is a kidney and pancreas in Knoxville that he will get if things check out. His doctor is heading down there this morning to check it out around 10am. If they organs are not damaged, the doctor will bring them back up here and my BIL will go into surgery. It could be as soon as 1pm today. He is very excited since he has been very sick for a long time. Please pray that things go well; that the organs are in good shape, the my BIL handles the surgery well, that he will not suffer organ rejection, and most of all, for the family who lost the loved one that will be my BIL's donor. What a wonderful gift that we are most appreciative of!