Sunday, November 25, 2007

Surgery for BIL

*UPDATE*
My BIL just called to let us know that the transplant is a NO GO. He's been at the hospital since 10am this morning, in a private room, waiting to get word concerning the condition of the pancreas and kidney. Since a liver is so hard to come by, it takes priority over the pancreas or kidneys. So, during the surgery to remove the liver from the donor, the pancreas was damaged. It cannot be used and the kidney was given to the next person on the waiting list. My BIL needs both organs. His daughter is a match for a kidney but he really needs to get both organs from the same donor. He is disappointed since this is the second time he has received the call for possible transplant. Thanks to all of you that took time out to send me an email. I really appreciate that!

My BIL called at 8am this morning very excited. He received a call from his transplant team and there is a kidney and pancreas in Knoxville that he will get if things check out. His doctor is heading down there this morning to check it out around 10am. If they organs are not damaged, the doctor will bring them back up here and my BIL will go into surgery. It could be as soon as 1pm today. He is very excited since he has been very sick for a long time. Please pray that things go well; that the organs are in good shape, the my BIL handles the surgery well, that he will not suffer organ rejection, and most of all, for the family who lost the loved one that will be my BIL's donor. What a wonderful gift that we are most appreciative of!

post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I will certainly be praying! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I will keep checking back for an update...

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I will certainly be keeping you all in my thoughts. I hope that the organs are in good condition and that all goes well. I lost a relative at a young age and we donated his organs. It was healing to us to know that through his death he brought hope and health to others.

Anonymous said...

Our deepest sincere prayers are with you all...May the GOOD LORD bless you all...Hope the operation will be successful...

Kerry said...

Will be praying!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry it didn't work out. I can't imagine being that excited about something that will change his life and then it falling through. I hope he will get another call soon!

ZAM said...

I'm praying for your BIL. And I hope that we he gets the donor for both, everything's going to work out fine.