Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Meme

Saw this meme over at Annie's and just had to do it! If you decide to participate, let me know so I can read your responses.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love gift bags! Wrapping paper is cool too.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real, of course! Fake trees are itchy and don't smell good.

3. When do you put up the tree? The week after Thanksgiving. We usually get our tree the day after Thanksgiving and spend the rest of the week decorating it.

4. When do you take the tree down? The first week of January.

5. Do you like eggnog? You bet. The girls and I usually enjoy some as we are decorating the tree. Hubby prefers custard.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't believe I'm going to admit this but it was my red leather Michael Jackson jacket (and the one silver glove).

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My bagpipe loving, tech-savy husband. It is nearly impossible to buy for him without asking him what he wants me to buy. Because his interests are so specific, you have to order the things he would like, and they are not cheap items! LOL! Second to him would be my mother in law. She has everything and doesn't want anything.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My 9yo daughter. She is all girl and likes all things frilly.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well I can't tell you that because the person who gave it to me is probably reading! LOL!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Oh my, mail those cards! I can't believe anyone would email cards. The only exception is if someone is unable to send regular mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Shoes, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch That Stole Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I like to do it year round. I haven't done that this year so I am trying to get it done now!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Spiral sliced ham, peanut butter fudge, pumpkin rolls

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We do both. We used clear for several years but the past two years, we've done colored. This year it's clear again.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I have two: Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence and Of the Father's Love Begotten (this is faster than we sing it at church but the tune is the same). They are both beautiful songs with lovely melodies. You

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We only have to travel an hour or so to my grandmother's house. We spend the morning at home enjoying our family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve with in-laws, at home on Christmas day, again on Christmas night with my aunts and cousins.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The check out lines at Walmart.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The celebration of so many wonderful things.



post signature

7 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I love that your favorite gift was a Michael Jackson jacket and glove -- just love it!

ZAM said...

Red Michael Jackson jacket? Wow! I would love to see a picture of you in it. Now, that would be so fun ;D

Good for you to have a real tree. Ours is fake because it's difficult to get one around here.

Annie said...

Fun answers Sonya!
I can remember the Michael Jackson era... me and my bff were determined to learn to moonwalk.
I love spiral ham, yum!

Annie said...

Sonya,
Did you leave me a comment or email me telling me about some pay per post that you like? I can't find the comment/email and can't remember what (you?) said?
If it wasn't you I have no idea and it was a while back when my computer was dead.
Annie

jenn said...

This looked like fun so I decided to play along!

Anonymous said...

Fun meme! I will play along soon! I know the black parachute pants I got one year aren't as cool as your Michael Jackson jacket, but perhaps we could wear them and have an 80s party! :)

gail@more than a song said...

Fun! Saw this at Annie's too and might have to do it soon.