Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Never Said I Was Politically Correct

I used to block out all of the hoopla concerning the politically correct way to express “holiday” greetings. You know what I mean. It’s not proper to say “Merry Christmas” anymore because that might offend someone. I just figure people will say what they want and if someone doesn’t like it, well, they can get over it. We’re supposed to have freedom of speech, right? Now, some sort of wave has caught on and lots of major companies have started saying “Happy Holidays” or sending out there “holiday” catalogs. What these companies did was fold like an accordion under the pressure. Well, not me. Today a friend sent this Stoplight video, and I had to chuckle. I’m a little jealous because I didn’t think of doing this before! What a wonderful idea. So all you major companies out there, just keep on sending me your “holiday” catalogs and I’ll continue to toss them. Better yet, spend all of that money publishing these nice color “holiday” catalogs, and I’ll keep lining our kitty box with them. Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas to ya!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not aware that saying 'Merry Christmas' may offend someone. :D. I've been saying that all the time. And I believe there should be no bounds in how one can express himself, too -other than one will not hurt, trample, violate others.

Merry Christmas!

VERB

jenn said...

I will always say Merry Christmas!

gail@more than a song said...

I'm not much on the happy holidays thing, but will always say Merry Christmas! It's just right!

Jenny said...

LOVED the video! I say Merry Christmas to everyone :) And, you know, I find they say it right back. No one's launched a two-minute speech about how that offended them. Hmm...