Sunday, December 30, 2007

Leave It To Aunt Kat

Y'all know my baby girl had a birthday yesterday. Well, my birthday is today and I had hoped to scoot on by without mentioning it. However, when I came home from church today, I found this sweet little poem in my inbox from my favorite Aunt Kat. I wish all of you could know my Aunt Kat. She is such a wonderful person. She's a sweet, fun, thoughtful, person with a great sense of humor. She's a great cook and is excellent with sewing. I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life.

Here's the poem she sent. Thanks Aunt Kat! I love it!

'Ode to Sonya'
( tune to 'Mary's Boy Child")

Long time ago in Dryden, Virginia
A little blonde haired girl was born
Sonya Denise her mommy named her
Destined to be surrounded by Money and Fur.
Little did she know
Her money would be Cookie Dough
and the Fur would be from her Cats
But not a child was more loved by her Aunt
And if you ask me why
I'll tell you I can't
Because the reason lies in my heart.

And for inquiring minds, I'm turning 34 and thankful for every year!



post signature

7 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Happy Birthday to you and your baby girl! :)

Annie said...

How sweet!
Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life.

Anonymous said...

She is such a wonderful person.

Jill said...

Happy belated birthday, Sonya. And Happy New Year. Hope 2008 is great and blessed for you and your family.

Shawna said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! What a sweet poem. I hope you and Caroline had wonderful birthdays. Mine and Scamp's birthdays are a day apart, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm late...but let me greet you Happy Birthday now.

Hope you have more wonderful years ahead of you.