Monday, December 10, 2007

Whose Your Favorite Johnny Depp Character?

I love movies. We watch movies on a weekly basis. I like all kinds of movies and many different actors. I must admit that I am a Johnny Depp fan. Who doesn't love Johnny Depp, right? He's played so many different roles and he's so strange. I think that's why I like him.

One of my favorite Johnny Depp movies is Edward Scissorhands. In this movie, Depp plays Edward, a man created by an inventor who dies before completing his creation. Edward is left with scissors for hands and is eventually befriended by the local Avon lady. She takes him home to live with her family and Edward falls in love with her daughter. At first, everyone is afraid of Edward but they soon grow to love this sweet, gentle man. There are so many great scenes in this movie. I love the scenes where Edward is cutting hair or the hedges into various shapes. If I had met Edward, I would have brought him to live with us too.

Another favorite movie is Secret Window. Depp plays a writer, Mort Rainey, who is going through a terrible divorce. On top of that, he has writer's block and starts to go a little mad. A stranger shows up at Rainey's door and accuses him of plagiarism. He demands that Rainey pay and starts to torment Rainey. This was a strange role for me to watch Depp play. He seemed absolutely nuts!

If I had to choose between the two, I'd have to say that Edward Scissorhands is my favorite Depp movie. That may change this Christmas when Depp's new movie, Sweeney Todd, is released. Depp plays a man who is unjustly sent to prison and looses everything. He vows revenge on the judge who sent him to prison when he comes back to reopen his barber shop. He becomes known as the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. His customers are never heard from again after their visit to him. I fully expect to like this film since it is based on an award winning musical thriller. I can't wait to see it!

If you are interested in learning more about this movie, visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site . You can also visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace .

 

2 comments:

jenn said...

I still love Depp from 21 Jump Street!

Anonymous said...

I love him in Edward Scissorhands but also in Chocolat--it is such a beautiful movie.