Last week while visiting a friend, I got a taste of this wonderful pound cake she had made. It was simple, light, and very tasty. Since Christmas is just around the corner, this could make a simple, quick treat to have around in case you have guests drop by.
Easy Egg Nog Pound Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 serv. size) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup egg nog
- 3/4 cup veggie oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, egg nog, and oil. Beat on low speed until moist.
- Add eggs and nutmeg. Beat on medium for four minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" fluted or tube pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This is wonderful served with coffee! I'm not sure of the exact origin of this recipe but I believe it came from a Borden recipe book. Enjoy!