I saw this over at In Pursuit of Proverbs 31 and wanted to share my list of the movies we've enjoyed over the past six months, whether in the theater or through renting them.
Things We've Rented
- The Bourne Trilogy ~ I really enjoyed the story. The action was crazy at times and made me dizzy but I like Jason Bourne. I liked all three movies equally.
- Star Dust ~ I normally don't go for these types of films but I'll have to admit it was better than I thought it would be.
- Shooter ~ Wonderful movie that I enjoyed very much.
- We Are Marshall ~ Great movie but heart wrenching.
- Amazing Grace
- Masterpiece Theatre: Jane Eyre Part One ~ Didn't rent this but watched it on PBS recently. Part Two will be coming on this Sunday. I had never seen this version and it was really good. Can't wait for all of the Jane Austen ones to come on in the coming months.
- Reign Over Me ~ A little strange for Adam Sandler but a story that many can relate to.
- Pan's Labyrinth ~ Not my normal type of favorite but this one had a pretty good story.
- Bridge to Terabithia
- Copying Beethoven
- Miss Potter ~ Maybe the best movie we've rented in ages! Loved, loved, loved it.
Things We've Seen At The Theater
- I Am Legend
- Nancy Drew
I'm certain I've forgotten a few but these are the ones that come to mind. We do not watch tv much, besides football or basketball, but we do have an online movie subscription with Blockbuster. It allows us to see quite a few movies but they've recently changed the subscription rates and decreased the number of movies you can trade in-store. That is not good and we may move back to Netflix. I wish these companies would do their homework before they give you a really great deal and then slowly take it away.