Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another Challenge: First In A Series

I've joined several challenges for 2008 so that I might make a dent in the books around here. The First In A Series Challenge caught my attention because I love a continuing story. Here are the books I've chosen for this challenge and a couple of them overlap with other challenges I'm participating in. However, I am trying to overlap as little as possible so that I can read more books!

  1. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
  2. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
  3. The Time Travelers (The Gideon Trilogy) by Linda Buckley-Archer (I think my kids might enjoy this one!)
  4. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
  5. At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
  6. Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs
  7. An Assembly Such As This by Pamela Aidan
  8. Letters From Pemberly by Jane Dawkins
  9. Defiant Heart by Tracey Bateman
  10. A Sister's Secret by Wanda Brunstetter
  11. Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor by Stephanie Barron
  12. The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlow

This was a hard list for me to gather! I'm not going to list alternates and hope that I don't run into a book that I absolutely do not enjoy reading :-0)



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonya,
Thats a lot of overlapping you need to do ;)
By the way, please visit my website:
http://mypollyourvote.wordpress.com

Joy said...

Welcome to the First in a Series Challenge, Sonya! We're very happy that you joined us.

You can always substitute a non-listed alternate if you have to. I'm not fussy. :) This is supposed to be fun!

Happy Reading!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I came over and found movie and book suggestions on the same day! Thanks! I loved the Love Comes Softly series. They are quick and easy to read, but warm and wholesome. Enjoy!

Joyful Days said...

What an impressive list you've got for 2008!! I'll be watching for some reviews.

Blessings!

Julie