Monday, February 11, 2008

And The Winner Is......

Sorry for the late post. We woke up this morning to find that we had no heat :-) Not to worry, it was our own fault. With all of the running to and from the hospital the past two weeks, we (I) had neglected to order more propane. I even remember hubby telling me to do it last week but it just slipped my mind. Funny thing happened though. I called our gas company to have them bring some out but they informed me that they wouldn't have a delivery truck in our area until Friday. Huh, huh. Very funny. Oh, they were serious. The young gal on the phone acted like it didn't matter to her one way or the other whether we had heat or not. Now, I fully understand that this was an oversight on our (my) part and I told her that. However, she offered nothing in the way of understanding. In fact, I could not engage her in conversation at all. She just said that no one could come until Friday. After I had a small meltdown, I called hubby and told him the news. We have been planning to switch companies for some time, so this morning was a good day for it. I called up a few places, compared prices and service, and chose the nicest, most economic company. They were kind enough to work us into their schedule and will come out today to install a new gas tank and fill it up. Customer service is not dead folks. It's just scarce these days. Again, I realize that this was a stupid mistake on my part so I can't gripe too much. I guess I just got overwhelmed the last couple of weeks because my BIL had a kidney/pancreas transplant and my MIL had a heart attack. Nothing major :-o)

Anyway, without further ado, the winner of Sisters, Ink is Judi at Momma's Mind Sweep. Even though I'm mad at Judi for not telling me she was in my neck of the woods, I am glad she won the book! You see, she came up and visited Jenny a few days ago. Neither of them called me. I'm not sure what to make of it. Sounds like a conspiracy to me! I guess I'm just not important enough :-o) Or maybe they got together to talk about me! LOL! Just kidding girls!

I used a random number generator to pick the lucky winner. Thanks to all who entered. And remember, order your propane when your hubby tells you too!



post signature

7 comments:

Annie said...

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll be calling you :)

Judi said...

OMG! I have never won anything! WOO HOO!!!! And by the way, Jenny did say "I should call Sonya". I would have but I didn't have your number! We will have to do that girls weekend soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your heating problem, Sonya!

Don't companies realize that most people are not going to stick with them if they have poor customer service? You should definitley call the previous company back and let them know why you switched.

Jenny said...

and really...I did tell Judi that we should call you...but I don't have your number either! lol!! Completely nuts that we don't ever use the phone...I guess e-mailing each other 576 times a day is good enough...unless a friend comes! lol! You dirtbag...I'm just commenting for the link!

jenn said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been here in a while..it seems so much has happened. I hope both your family members are doing well.

I read down a ways and see that you're doing WW. Good luck!

I'm glad you found new people to supply your propane. No one should be without heat...no matter who's fault it is.

Denise C said...

I just emailed you....but thought I'd better check your blog for new posts as well! Hum.... sounds like we are quite a bit alike! I live for PROCRASTINATION! hee-hee....must be my middle name! Sorry you woke up cold!!! Come on over the ridge....it's warm here..(We don't use propane...or we'd probably be out as well..(hee-hee)!!! Hope that makes you feel better!!!
Have a most blessed day!!

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like it was a good time to change! Hope it's all up and running now.
How fun for Judi to get your book! But I might have to get them if I were you and they were there and didn't call you! Y'all will have to reschedule something soon.