Today's list is in honor of all the foods I've loved before :-o) A dear friend talked me into doing Weight Watchers with her. I'm into my third day of it and it's going well. I'm learning to eat differently (more healthy) and decrease my portion sizes (which desperately needed to happen). Overall, I think this is something I can stick to and I'm feeling better already. I guess this is what it feels like when you don't stuff yourself full of sugar for every meal! Here are thirteen things I love that I'll be saying "no" to while on this journey.
- Moolattes from DQ
- Hot fudge sundaes from McD's
- Mexican (we will still eat it occasionally but it will be very limited for a time)
- Pizza (only two slices per meal now)
- Cake for breakfast in the mornings
- Chocolate chip cookie dough pop tarts (my all time favorite fix!)
- 80% lean beef (we're buying the good stuff for awhile. We can afford it since we eat less and are measuring portion sizes)
- Tiramisu (my other all time favorite)
- Regular ranch dressing (using fat-free Italian and it's tasty)
- Lots of white bread (I'll miss it but whole wheat bread is very good)
- Hershey Sundae pie from BK
- Sweet tea (this is pretty easy since diet soda is my favorite drink)
- Being a couch potato (yep, I've even gone so far as to make an exercise plan)
This is a big change for me but I know it'll be a good one. I tend to eat so much sugar that it's ridiculous. With hypothyroidism, I don't need anything else to make me tired. This is going to be a good thing! Thanks to Kasi for getting me into gear! Now, if only I could get her to blog!
For more TT's, visit the official site.