Monday, February 4, 2008

What A Game!

What a spectacular Super Bowl! I am still stunned. Oh, I'm happy, but stunned. I'm stunned by what a hard-fought match up this turned out to be. I'm thrilled that Eli and company got the win.

We're hard core football fans and I was a little deflated when my Colts lost. They're my first love you see. Then my Cowboys got ousted but it didn't hurt as bad because they were beaten by the Packers. Gotta love Brett Farve. He is my favorite QB to watch. He just has a love of the game that inspires a person. You know he is having fun when he plays football. When the Packers were beaten by the Giants, I was a little sad. I've always liked the Giants but I really wanted this to be Farve's year. I have to admit, when the Giants beat the Packers and I knew they were going to the Super Bowl, I didn't give them a chance. I wanted them to have one but I thought they'd get their socks blown off. Looking back on it now, I'm not sure why I thought that. During regular season, the Giants gave the Pats one of their toughest games. Silly me! Seems that no one else was giving the Giants a chance yesterday either. I think out of all the coaches/players/commentators picks I saw, only Mike Ditka picked the Giants. Way to go coach! I'm thrilled for the Manning family, for Eli, for the Giants organization, but mostly for Michael Strahan. He's such a charismatic, funny guy and I'm glad to see him get a win after 15 seasons. I was shocked to find out that he has played his entire career with the Giants! That's pretty cool.

I'm sad that it's over until fall. We will keep ourselves busy with our UT basketball teams for now. Come summer, we'll be counting down the days until football season starts. I already can't wait! Hey Stacy, if Romo keeps it up with this Jessica Simpson thing, I'm hanging up that old #9! LOL!



post signature

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, we loved it!! We have some Patriot fans across the street, and I hoped they heard us yelling when Eli threw that final TD pass. Wha-hoo!!!
That TN/MSU men's game was a nail-biter, too! Give us one more minute, and we would have beaten y'all ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the Giants won. I think it is so neat that the brothers have back-to-back Super Bowl wins!

My Favorite Boy, however, was a little ill this morning when he found out the final score. He was cheering for the Patriots.

Anonymous said...

I was soooo excited the Giants won. I did not want Tom Brady to win. Overall it was such a GREAT game. Had you guessing who was going to win the entire time. Finally, a game worth watching! :)

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!! Jeff got a Witten jersey and I wish I would have gone that route. :)

gail@more than a song said...

Yay, yay and HOORAY! Spectacular is right, we were thrilled with the outcome! So glad the boys got back to back wins and mvp's. I'm not the huge sports fan like y'all but get into the big things at times. Archie grew up right up the road from where we live now; they all just seem the nicest family.