Sunday, March 30, 2008

Drug Rehab

Drug addiction is a serious problem in our society. Every time you turn around, you hear of someone who is going through drug rehabilitation in hopes of kicking their habit and returning to life without drugs. I've never had this type of problem and no one close to me has ever faced it. I am very thankful for that and I'm also glad to know there are facilities out there that specialize in this type of care.

I've never understood how a person gets hooked on drugs. I'm certain that is because I never had any experience with them. As a teenager, I was convinced that if I tried to smoke marajuana (which a lot of my friends were doing) I would die. I'm not sure why I thought that but I did. I thought that if I did it, I might have a heart attack or something of the sort. To think about doing anything harder than marajuana never entered my mind. It's funny to think back on that but I do so with great thankfulness. God protected me during those years and kept me from exploring those things. Since my time as a teenager, newer, easier ways to experiment with drugs have cropped up. I pray that God would protect all those who may be tempted by friends to try these things.



post signature

0 comments: