Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh Brother

My brother is a Virginia state trooper and works in the Charlottesville area. He seems to like his job very much. We are not as close as we used to be but I still worry about him. He didn't exactly choose the safest career :-o) He's a new dad and his wife is young. If I sat around and thought about it too long, I'd worry myself silly.

I remember growing up, he wasn't the neatest person in the world. In fact, if you could get him to pick anything up, you were doing good. When he went to "police school", he had strict guidelines to follow. He had to have all of his gear in order and his tactical boots had to be spotless. Basically, he couldn't be a slob and make it. It's been awhile since I've talked to him but the last time I did, he was training to be part of the SWAT team. It sounds very exciting but again, potentially very dangerous. In order to help me deal with his new position, he'll be getting lots of gifts from LA Police Gear for Christmas this year. I want him to be prepared for his new role and I also want to be able to go to sleep at night!



post signature

1 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

While driving to NC last week I kept hearing on the news about the shootings on an interstate around Charlottesville! But never heard if they got it figured out.