Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Favorite Things

Sometimes I crack myself up. I'm one of these people that if I get paint on my good sweat pants, I wear them anyway. If I drop clorox on a shirt or my favorite pants, I'll wear them anyway. It's not that I can't go pick up a new pair. It's just that usually when I ruin something, it's my favorite something.

Last weekend, I went to visit my mom in West Virginia. I didn't think too much of it when I picked up my make up bag and the handle broke. Great! Just one more thing I had to deal with. So, I quickly grabbed a sandwich bag and stuffed my make up into it. It should not surprise you that it's still in that sandwich bag! LOL! I think maybe it's time I invested in a Zero Halliburton cosmetic case. That baby would never break!

It's the same way with my hubby. His t-shirts are hideous. He wears them until there are so many holes in them that you wonder if he's even wearing a shirt. I would post a picture of one of them if I thought he would recover. However, to save him total embarrassment, I'll just let you try and visualize that. Maybe your hubby is that way too. It's funny when you sit back and ponder it. Why is it we hang on so tightly to those things? I recently talked hubby into letting me throw away one of those t-shirts and I felt like I asked him to cut his arm off. How about you? Do you have a favorite something that has seen better days but you just can't part with it? Maybe it's a favorite jacket with a broken zipper you just fail to fix (not that I have one of those *wink*). Maybe it's a pair of shoes with flappy bottoms. Maybe it's a pair of pants with a hole that could easily be patched. I know you've got something so you may as well share it with me. We're all friends here :-o)



post signature

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I travel with my make-up in a baggy all the time cuz I'm too lazy to dig for a proper make-up bag :)

And I go to the grocery store in my Crocs and pajama bottoms.

Ha!

gail@more than a song said...

My problem is I have too many favorite things I can't seem to part with! I bought a small new makeup bag at target recently b/c the lining was tearing out of my old one, and I haven't thrown the old one out yet! It had a little handle that was perfect for putting my clippee on when I packed!

storyteller said...

I so relate to this post! The same kind of thing happens to me … constantly. My sister laughs and says how I’m ‘true to my clothes’ … wearing them even after such disasters. She’s so much better of letting go of things than I am. How funny to find others who do this as well.
Hugs and blessings,